• Yes

Votes: 73 54.9%
  • No

Votes: 60 45.1%
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Borisy, you're one of the selected few who take Bodo seriously :lol: In fact any decent tennis fan should think that "I am better than Bodo, I should post my own comments". It is like an unwritten rule of being decent ;)

Or maybe you're Bodo...

·
Banned
9,219 Posts
Good post.

He tells it like it is... *continus reading.*

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
think he's over reacting and is turning it into a bigger deal than it really is. never liked this guy much and never respected anything coming out of his mouth. by tomorrows final hopefully it will just be a thing in the past and the crowd wont be so nasty to her. either way it wont bother maria, she doesnt take it personal and will do her job no matter what.

Reactions: Meesh

·
Registered
52,357 Posts
That's pretty harsh what he wrote !!! :eek:

But there was some truth to it. I was surprised to read in Sharapova's post-match comments saying she looked at the monitors and thought Golovin was down with cramps or didn't see anything or something like that! :shrug:

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I can't really comment about Sharapova personally... but the media seems a bit blinded in general. I just read my local newspaper and it of course said something like "gorgeous tennis star beauty queen Sharapova breezed through to her second consecutive final when leading unseeded Tatiana Golovin; the French player eventually retiring with an injury of some kind" There was no mention of her antics or lack of concern. This concerns me... because quite a few sources (especially on the internet) decided to omit what was seen to have happened. Articles like this maybe can bring a bit of balance into the coverage.

·
Banned
9,219 Posts
TennizFan said:
Borisy, you're one of the selected few who take Bodo seriously :lol: In fact any decent tennis fan should think that "I am better than Bodo, I should post my own comments". It is like an unwritten rule of being decent ;)

Or maybe you're Bodo...
Bodo is entitled to his opinions, they're as good as anyone elses. I agree with his assertions. Have you read the article or are you one of those:

Sharapova fans are inevitably going to cut her slack when they read the explanation she offered for her callous indifference to Golovin’s troubles in a post-match presser (during which she was mostly lobbed softballs).

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you read it properly it's not only Bodo but also Carillo. And the only 2 people who rejected the post so far have Maria Sharapova in their signatures.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
lol i bet if justine saw this she was in heaven cause now people will talk about this for a while instead of her stomach ache at the ao.and yes i find it hard to believe that maria thought she had cramps if she was crying and im pain laying on the ground

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Is Peter Bodo the editor for some big tennis mag and has he talked in the William sisters and Anna Kournikova's E true hollywood story??

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Okay. Sharapova also said that she was trying to see what happened on the monitors, and the images there suggested that Golovin was just down with cramps. Are you buying that?
nope, im not buying that

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
When Sharapova was asked in her presser if she was surprised to hear the crowd booing her, she said: “No, it's part of the sport. It happens everywhere - NBA. I mean, the crowd needs entertainment.”

Maria: It wasn’t entertainment they needed, it was integrity, and the lack of it that they booed. I once called Venus Williams the Queen of Denial, but last night you knocked her off the throne and that's where you're staying until someone more deluded knocks you off.

:worship:

·
Registered
32,778 Posts
Maria didnt say the monitor images suggested Golovin was down with cramps, she said she couldnt tell anything from the screens and she wasnt sure if it was cramps as she first thought. Bodo's very selective on what parts of the he used, and obiously was only looking from one direction when he wrote it.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Marshmallow said:
Bodo is entitled to his opinions, they're as good as anyone elses. I agree with his assertions. Have you read the article or are you one of those:

Sharapova fans are inevitably going to cut her slack when they read the explanation she offered for her callous indifference to Golovin’s troubles in a post-match presser (during which she was mostly lobbed softballs).

Coming from you...no surprise...

1 - 20 of 146 Posts