Tennis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know- not WTA, but he's an icon and inspiration for anyone who plays:

Monday Night at Arthur Ashe Stadium there will be an official send-off for Pete Sampras, who officially announced his retirement yesterday. I'm sure it'll be a once-in-a-lifetime event. Speaking of Sampras, what does the WTA or tennis the training academies around the world have to do to produce the kind of all-court tennis that Pete Sampras displayed throughout his career? Sure, there are a handfull of girls who come to the net on the rare occasion, but no one who uses the all-court game all the time... :confused:

· Registered
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I for one am looking forward to his involvement with the Tennis Channel. He apparently has invested a bit of money in it, and will be doing some commentary and specials- what a treasure trove of experience and knowledge to pull from, and he's a dry, sarcastic kinda guy (never showed this side much) off court, so it should be fun. I'd like to see him do commentary on a women's match at the open some time...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.