Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 482 Posts

·
Registered
3,542 Posts

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
The Chinese government can't be so dumb to think that we believe these pics are not staged and that most will think that she is save now.

·
Registered
9,478 Posts
How more the Chinese dictatorship tries to convince us she is alive and well , how more concerning the whole situations becomes :cry::oops:
WTA and ATP must boycotte China immediately and where is the statement from IOC?
How can IOC plan the Olympics in China next year when 1 athlete is missing ?
This is not a WTA problem, this is a problem for whole the tennisworld and for the whole sport world.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I am worried like everybody (most) but I wonder what would convince me she is safe..

·
Registered
40,106 Posts
This is starting to get creepy. Seeing WinnieThePooh on one of these pictures is quite something, given that this term is censored in China because of the comparisons with Xi Jinping.

The IOC really needs to review its recent public stance.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I want representatives from the WTA to be able to go to China and meet her. She also needs to be told about the media storm surrounding this and about all the WTA players speaking out for her safety.
At this point, that may be the only thing that convinces the WTA and the rest of the world outside of China that she is actually safe.

If if she were to record a video, or take part in an interview in China, it wouldn't be enough to convince people that she wasn't being coerced by the CCP behind the scenes, and rightly so.

I really hope the WTA CEO doesn't buy some half-arsed evidence like photographs provided by state-run TV, and see that as an easy out to continue doing business with them.

1 - 20 of 482 Posts