Tennis Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
As a Venus Stan, the answer is Peak Serena on all surfaces except Grass. Peak Venus has shown a higher level of tennis on grass against other prominent grass court players.

On a fast hardcourt and carpet it maybe 50/50 but everywhere else Serena will have the edge.

And this is if you can remove the sister element. You can't ignore that after Venus would beat Serena in big matches and Serena would act a plum fool afterwards that Venus didn't play their next big match differently.

·
Trainwreck
58,198 Posts
The more I watch their old HLs I actually think Peak Venus. Outside serving, in a rally situation Peak Venus would find the winner that tiny bit faster, and I don't think Serena having a better second serve would be that much of a concern for Peak Venus to be honest. No doubt it would be close.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
The more I watch their old HLs I actually think Peak Venus. Outside serving, in a rally situation Peak Venus would find the winner that tiny bit faster, and I don't think Serena having a better second serve would be that much of a concern for Peak Venus to be honest. No doubt it would be close.
I agree. Venus & Serena have always been all over each other's second serves. It's hardly been a factor in their match ups. Either one would agressively rip back returns off both serves and occasionally delivery a clean winner.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I just don't understand how you guys can just automatically give the nod to Serena!
2008, you could argue they had their most even matchups. Venus got Serena in the Wimbledon final, and Serena was playing scary good tennis. USO 2008 Venus once again was the frontrunner, and to this day I don't know HOW she blew 12 set points (I think it was 12).

The mental aspect has made the biggest difference in their H2H and careers overall. If we are talking sheer physical ability and tennis, I will always take Venus over Serena.

·
Registered
53,484 Posts
Serena easily

Just look at the won Grand Slams

Serena is simply better at everything, completely outshining Venus

101 - 108 of 108 Posts