·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discuss.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Iga will peak in two years from now. This is just the warmup. Stay tuned. Maybe Ash will be back by that time? Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Lol....she has a good serve, but she's not Karlovic or Isner. If "no one can break her serve" at her "peak", then the WTA is filled with shit returners.
It’s not a shame to struggling to return her first save her serve isn’t good it’s great, not only the power it has but also the placement

·
Registered
119,408 Posts
if iga keeps playing like this, its her. but lets see paris, thats a big major that could take her to the next level

·
Registered
761 Posts
The answer has to be Ash right now. Iga only has the one slam, and this wouldn’t have even been a topic before Qatar. That said, if Iga keeps it up and keeps getting better, which should happen since she’ll only be 21 in May, she could certainly surpass Ash one day.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I wonder if Iga will have any quiet flops like Ash did?
I can't think of anyone who comes close to Iga at the moment. Everyone who peaked in 2021 is kinda having a flop 2022 so far.
What defines as a flop though? I mean, Iga certainly is otherworldly right now but but eventually she will lose, and I am quite sure that will come sometime during Stuttgart/Madrid/Rome, even before RG. Heck, while she will be the favorite, she isn't a guarantee to win RG either.

If she doesn't win atleast one of Madrid/Rome or RG, is that a flop by definition even if they are great results in a vacuum?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts