Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Graf 5-0

Votes: 65 17.4%
361 - 380 of 407 Posts

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
I should have said "anyone else than Pova" then :rolleyes:
What about Venus? Miami, French Open, Wimbledon, US Open and Australian Open in 02-03. All major matches, won them all in straight sets except one.

Serena has dominated the best of the best in her generations like Venus and Sharapova by beating them 5+ times in major matches.

That would be like Graf beating Seles 5+ times in major matches which never happened. She could only manage 3 in a row when Seles was 15 and after the stabbing after Seles has been out for 2 1/2 years. Plus, these are really bad examples for Graf because even as a 15-year-old Seles took a set off her and even after being out of 2 1/2 years Seles bagelled her. :tape:

FAIL.

Peak v Peak. Serena wins hands down. 5 in a row. :lol:

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
these are really bad examples for Graf because even as a 15-year-old Seles took a set off her and even after being out of 2 1/2 years Seles bagelled her. :tape:
True,she was able to win a set on clay,but a month later she was given a bagel and a bread-stick on grass ;) Of course,at her peak she was better-she won 3 games on grass :lol:

Just like Serena Williams was bagelled yesterday by 63th player in the world and still won a match...

Does it mean anything to AMG? No,because she lost in the end...

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
True,she was able to win a set on clay,but a month later she was given a bagel and a bread-stick on grass ;) Of course,at her peak she was better-she won 3 games on grass :lol:

Just like Serena Williams was bagelled yesterday by 63th player in the world and still won a match...

Does it mean anything to AMG? No,because she lost in the end...
No but AMG hasn't been out for 2 1/2 years. This was not a slam final. :confused:

The majority of the voters say YOU FAIL my dear ;)
Yes because Serena isn't one of the most hated players on TF. Sharapova fans' votes alone would tip everything in Graf's favour.

Graf will never have as many haters as Serena because she's not the current No. 1 beating up on all the other TF posters' favourites and she is white.

These poll results are meaningless.

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
True,but it is also true that her road to that Slam final was way better then before being stabbed,so she was in very,very good form at that particular time...
She was overweight and had been out of the game for 2 1/2 years. The only reason why she had a better run was because of the sorry state the WTA was in in the mid 90s. The pathetic competition that Graf was beating to win all her slams during that time.

·
Registered
125 Posts
What about Venus? Miami, French Open, Wimbledon, US Open and Australian Open in 02-03. All major matches, won them all in straight sets except one.

Serena has dominated the best of the best in her generations like Venus and Sharapova by beating them 5+ times in major matches.

That would be like Graf beating Seles 5+ times in major matches which never happened
. She could only manage 3 in a row when Seles was 15 and after the stabbing after Seles has been out for 2 1/2 years. Plus, these are really bad examples for Graf because even as a 15-year-old Seles took a set off her and even after being out of 2 1/2 years Seles bagelled her. :tape:

FAIL.

Peak v Peak. Serena wins hands down. 5 in a row. :lol:
yeah, because beating someone like Sharapova is the same as beating Seles :lol: seems legit

edit - Graf beat Seles at slams 7 times, which is 5+

just keep delude yourself

Graf will never have as many haters as Serena ....
Now I see why you feel the need to create more hate towards Graf :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
She was overweight and had been out of the game for 2 1/2 years. The only reason why she had a better run was because of the sorry state the WTA was in in the mid 90s. The pathetic competition that Graf was beating to win all her slams during that time.
I don't see how that era was any weaker than the period between 2008 and 2013 for example.

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
yeah, because beating someone like Sharapova is the same as beating Seles :lol: seems legit

edit - Graf beat Seles at slams 7 times, which is 5+

just keep delude yourself

Now I see why you feel the need to create more hate towards Graf :)
No she didn't. It was 6. Graf, Graf, Seles, Seles, Graf, Seles, Graf, Graf, Seles, Graf. Those were the orders of wins. Neither won more than twice in a row but both did win twice in a row at some point.

Compare that to how Serena has beaten Venus or Sharapova in slams.

I don't see how that era was any weaker than the period between 2008 and 2013 for example.
Of course, you wouldn't see. But I just gave you an example of how it was weak especially at the top since no one could challenge Graf except Seles.

·
Registered
125 Posts
No she didn't. It was 6.
I stand corrected, but it's still more than 5, right?

Of course, you wouldn't see. But I just gave you an example of how it was weak especially at the top since no one could challenge Graf except Seles.
Is every era automatically weak if someone is just too good for the rest? :facepalm: You know you can downgrade the achievements of every single tennis Great with this logic.
And the era between 2008 and 2013 is not strong at all. It created several one slam wonders, slamless No.1's, belgians coming back from retirement and winning slams/making finals easily. Clijsters won 3 slams after her comeback, something that she could do only once before 2007.

·
Registered
16,441 Posts
Graf will never have as many haters as Serena because she's not the current No. 1 beating up on all the other TF posters' favourites and she is white.

No wonder Serena is the most hated players on TF (btw she isn't), everytime something does not go in her favour, the race card is played by her deluded fans :tape: :help:

·
Registered
11,131 Posts
No wonder Serena is the most hated players on TF (btw she isn't), everytime something does not go in her favour, the race card is played by her deluded fans :tape: :help:
Yep. White, blonde Matt01 is qualified to tell others what racism really is. White massa, in future, whenever I suspect racism, I'll pass its validity by you, just to make sure. Thanks :)

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Is every era automatically weak if someone is just too good for the rest? :facepalm: You know you can downgrade the achievements of every single tennis Great with this logic.
Exactly,if there was no Graf,everybody would say that it was a strong era because Sanchez-Vicario,Sabatini,Novotna or Martinez battled each-other for the titles...

What is important is that Graf proved to be very competitive for every generation and her H2H against all other number 1 players from each generation shows it...she doesn't have any losing one,unlike all other number 1 players...

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Peak Serena wouldn't let anyone break her. Not even once. If Steffi holds her serve, this might go to a TB in every set, but I still give the edge to Serena, especially if she's the one serving first.

Hard to think that peak Serena would lose anywhere other than on clay... 4-1 Serena? Maybe 3-2? I don't think peak Graf would be able to upset peak Serena on grass, let alone on hard courts. At Wimbledon, it might go to 3 sets, though.

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
serenas serve have gotten so much better, i dont think graf could break it

361 - 380 of 407 Posts