• Graf 4-1

Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Graf 5-0

Votes: 65 17.4%
341 - 360 of 407 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
I mean even peak Seles >> peak Graf , so..

·
Registered
38,758 Posts
I believe Karsten Braach was like ranked 102 in the world and was a former top 30 player fully recovered from the injury that had made him drop from that ranking, and he also seemed like a douchebag.

·
Registered
38,758 Posts
Reactions: SerenaSiren

·
Registered
38,758 Posts

·
Registered
14,248 Posts
And Serena hadn't even played a single grand slam match at the time and was 16, not fully developed in tennis or physique. Yes, there's a reason no-one with any credibility brings up that "match".

Reactions: Sister Price

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Ace against Azarenka wouldn`t be an ace against any random player from top100. Everybody forget Karsten Braasch?
Yes and what I remember was that Serena was 16 years old and did not possess the 2012 Olympics serve... LOL?!? cant believe u mention that in peak Serena discussion. Retarded or troll? (maybe both)

I agree that some of her serves would be returned, but not the 125 mph on the lines of which she had many. Have you seen her ace Djokovic twice? Kaarsten >>>> Djokovic too?

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
This 2012-2013 Serena is the best women's tennis player in the history of the sport.

86-6 with 10 titles in 11 finals.

Going 10-1 against Sharapova and Azarenka.

Sure there was the freak loss at the FO, but even Steffi lost in the first round of a major (and she was the 3x defending champ when she did it at Wimbledon)
Not sure if this is a joke...

But then I read the other responses after and :lol:

If they played 5 times, it would be 3-2 or 4-1 Graf. The problem is PeakRena 2002-2003 depended more on strength, athleticism and speed and didn't develop consistency, tactics and a high percentage serve until later in her career.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's difficult to tell, becuase the conditions in the '90s were different compared to the 2000s. Other problem is, as many people mentioned, how do you expect SW to play 5 "peak matches" against anyone :lol:

Graf would most likely own this match up on clay and grass if they met in Graf's era, on those courts, with those rackets. On HC's, Graf would lead something like 4-2 or 5-2.
If they met in today's era, it would be even on slow HC, and Graf would lead everywhere else, especially on clay.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
It's difficult to tell, becuase the conditions in the '90s were different compared to the 2000s. Other problem is, as many people mentioned, how do you expect SW to play 5 "peak matches" against anyone :lol:

Graf would most likely own this match up on clay and grass if they met in Graf's era, on those courts, with those rackets. On HC's, Graf would lead something like 4-2 or 5-2.
If they met in today's era, it would be even on slow HC, and Graf would lead everywhere else, especially on clay.
Top of my head...let's see...Pova ? :rolleyes:

341 - 360 of 407 Posts