Votes: 24 68.6%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Discuss!

Who wins this clash of titans?!

Their H2H 1-0 for Morita. Sadly those two legends met only once.

·
Registered
8,794 Posts
Wow that’s a really random rivalry :oh:
But when Morita was on she had the potential to be really dangerous. Way more than Chanelle had.
Both are nice girls though.

·
Registered
14,029 Posts
Peak Morita d. Jeepers Scheepers easily.

• Wow
Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I can't believe there is a poster who actually remembers these two players. I remember my nanny, rocking me in her arms :D, as she watch highlight reels of tennis events regarding Ms. Morita and Ms. Scheepers as they tried to win a game or two during a first round grand slam event. Did they ever have a peak, I mean seriously?

I thought Scheepers came out of retirement briefly only to be sent packing again. I also thought she did some coaching. This has to be one of the most intriguing comparisons I have seen a poster produce. I mean these two ladies were, ah, forgettable I guess would be the word?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Did they ever have a peak, I mean seriously?
I can't say much about Morita because I can't really remember a good run of hers but speaking of peak when it comes to a player of Scheepers' caliber I actually find quite impressive the way Chanelle won her only title. She had tough three-setters in each round v Sevastova, Hsieh, URad and Kirilenko up until the final where she schooled Rybarikova 6-2 6-2 if I'm not mistaken. I remember very well that I expected nothing but the opposite outcome before the final. So if I had to point out her peak, that would be it.

·
Registered
Q Wang, Kontaveit, Badosa
176 Posts
The thing I remember most about Ayumi is Serena throwing multiple 200kmh rockets her way at AO. No mercy was shown that day 😭.

• Haha
Reactions: Ma-Tennis
1 - 20 of 23 Posts