25,848 Posts
Font Parallel Paper Document Number

Font Document Parallel Number Paper

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
Love to hear it. At the risk of oversimplifying, I feel like she had that attitude last year but then less this year (since Sydney anyway) and especially during the clay season when she obviously put a lot of pressure on herself.

Reactions: ZenEric

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,848 Posts
Well, she was practicing in Dubai the other week and I said, okay so this is the way to prepare for the USO humidity tour (and we know how she kinda struggled with that last season) but maybe she has some business arrangements we're not kinda aware of yet. It's not like the Anglo-Saxon or even Spanish press reports what Dubai is doing sport business-wise?

Reactions: iGOAT

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
Yeah she's been in Dubai for a little while now, which lines up with her saying earlier this year that it's the closest place she has to home at this point and I agree that it should be good training. But it's interesting that she's meeting with a politician; I wonder if it's the sort of symbolic thing that WTA players have often done historically during tournaments in developing countries or if she's been recruited as more of a sort of ambassador for the country and/or some sort of sporting initiative there. Hopefully financially beneficial in any case :hehehe: (and not just her giving away time that could be better spent training or relaxing)

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
Paula is on an airplane; hopefully en route to California.

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,848 Posts
And she landed in Florida :classicsmile:

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,848 Posts
She's in Nike HQ in Portland, Oregon :scratch: Obviously with Juan. Personal dress collection coming up? :oh:

Reactions: iGOAT and ZenEric

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
Yes she reposted that picture of a girl in the airport with her that talked about Florida, but maybe the girl was coming back from Florida ? A VIP tour of the Nike HQ seems like a big deal; she potentially has a line coming like Monz suggested and I would think some sort of ad campaign is almost certain. She's clearly one of their biggest FACEs now 😇

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
Who is Chris MCCORMACK ? Paula and Genie both posted wishing him happy birthday.

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,848 Posts
Who is Chris MCCORMACK ? Paula and Genie both posted wishing him happy birthday.
Vice-President of their management agency :hehehe:

• Haha

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,848 Posts
Looks like she caught up with Sabalenka again :oh:

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,848 Posts
She's posted a new pic and also unlocked the comments again which suggests this is now a "good" tournament for her :smoke:

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
And now back to limited comments again :lol2:. It must be weird being an athlete and feeling the need to do that after certain matches - I see Kontaveit did the same with hers following that Potapova defeat last week, and still limited now - although you can only imagine some of the comments.

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,848 Posts
Well, someone like Potapova never restricts her comments, when she posted something from a holiday trip to Italy literally the first comment was "How was Wimbledon?" and I saw comments about Bucha on her IG account too. I guess people from the so-called Eastern bloc have a way thicker skin than their Western peers which doesn't really surprise me :dunno:

Btw, Paula has admitted to being on the phone too often so regular detox isn't a bad thing. Better this than some crazy (deleted) tweets from Osaka :tape:

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
241 - 260 of 262 Posts