Tennis Forum banner
221 - 240 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
paulabadosa Any road to success will be full of downfalls. Ready to learn and keep working.

See you next year, @Wimbledon!

Cualquier camino al éxito estará lleno de caídas. Preparada para asumirlas, aceptarlas y seguir trabajando.

¡Hasta el año que viene, @Wimbledon!

http://instagr.am/p/CfnpKAPtgzw/

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
paulabadosa Any road to success will be full of downfalls. Ready to learn and keep working.

See you next year, @Wimbledon!

Cualquier camino al éxito estará lleno de caídas. Preparada para asumirlas, aceptarlas y seguir trabajando.

¡Hasta el año que viene, @Wimbledon!

http://instagr.am/p/CfnpKAPtgzw/
I thought that caption sounded very familiar, just checked, and it's literally word for word what she put down following her Muchova defeat at Wimbledon last year. :lol2:

http://instagr.am/p/CQ9FfUqrRVi/

Not sure if that's a phrase she often uses, something her media team rustled up, or the copy and paste was intentional as a kind of anniversary time gap thing.

This 'downfall', on a relative basis, was slightly bigger than a close, competitive, expected loss to a higher ranked seed, but with the pictures both being uploaded on July 5th, she has had an amazing 12 months when you think about it - 2 big titles including IW, played the YECs, career high #2, Olympic QF, played multiple matches on Centre Court, RLA, and Chatrier, got with big Juan, and gained almost 500k additional IG followers :love:

This time last year she was a player who'd had a very good clay season, and backed that up well with a solid Wimbledon run (via a fairly kind draw), but still a lot of unknowns, and 12 months later she's now one of the most featured and prominent players on the WTA tour.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I thought that caption sounded very familiar, just checked, and it's literally word for word what she put down following her Muchova defeat at Wimbledon last year. :lol2:

http://instagr.am/p/CQ9FfUqrRVi/

Not sure if that's a phrase she often uses, something her media team rustled up, or the copy and paste was intentional as a kind of anniversary time gap thing.

This 'downfall', on a relative basis, was slightly bigger than a close, competitive, expected loss to a higher ranked seed, but with the pictures both being uploaded on July 5th, she has had an amazing 12 months when you think about it - 2 big titles including IW, played the YECs, career high #2, Olympic QF, played multiple matches on Centre Court, RLA, and Chatrier, got with big Juan, and gained almost 500k additional IG followers :love:

This time last year she was a player who'd had a very good clay season, and backed that up well with a solid Wimbledon run (via a fairly kind draw), but still a lot of unknowns, and 12 months later she's now one of the most featured and prominent players on the WTA tour.
Oh well then :lol2: I think it's just one of those "mandatory" posts, had thought it was more of a reflective one which I was rather pleased about but now with this revelation, well :LOL: I don't know if her account is managed by someone else when it comes to posting tournament photos but I feel like if she posted this herself then hopefully if the Simo loss has managed to bite her it's just a little fish nibble that will close up in a day or two.

I've always wondered which player's Instagram is the favorite of each of you lot 🤔 I like Paula (of course) but I don't really peruse through her account much, I find myself lurking through DashaK, LAF and Petkovic's Instagrams the most. Not really expecting tennis players to be particularly verbose especially those that do not have English as their first language but not overly excited for accounts with mostly tennis pictures with cookie cutter captions I must say.

But yeah, think it's been obviously a productive year for her since last Wimbledon. Onwards and onwards :drive:

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,848 Posts
Well, it looks like she skipped off to Venice before heading to US :hehehe:

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
Oh that's hilarious about the caption. Anyway I do get the sense that she's in better spirits than after a lot of recent losses so hopefully it's a good sign heading into the hard court season. She got a mini break after Roland Garros, but she could probably use a mini off season here as well.

Well, it looks like she skipped off to Venice before heading to US :hehehe:
Maybe on the way to Dubai again :lol2:

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Yeah, I thought it was a good sign her going on vacation so quickly, no moping around feeling sorry for herself, or that's how it appeared anyway. Ideally she'll get to the US a week before San Jose, but plenty of time before that to live her best life.

Face Shoulder Window Flash photography Thigh

Reactions: Luicine and ZenEric

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,848 Posts
Well, it looks like other players are taking short vacation before the USO swing too. Anisimova & her friend are in Mykonos, Greece :drink:

• Haha
Reactions: iGOAT

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
From Juan's insta:
http://instagr.am/p/CfvfQ5jjoCY/
A year ago I met one of the best people I've ever met in my life, the one who became my girlfriend, my travel companion, my best friend, my paddle tennis partner (because I haven't finished tennis yet), the one who helps me finish a series at the gym, the one that accompanies me to watch cartoon movies at the cinema, the one that laughs at my bad jokes, the one that has taught me what the word perseverance is, but above all, the one that makes me the happiest person in the world day after day. But since a picture is worth a thousand words, here I leave you a little piece of this year-long story that has just begun. I love you P ♥
Aww so cute :love2:

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,848 Posts
So, it's been a full year already? I seem to recall that "affair" seems to have gone public between the OG and USO last year? I wonder if they met during the first Elle session she had before OG then? :hehehe:

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
It explains why she went to Ibiza a little more... And I'm still suspicious about MARTÍ resigning right at that same time, but maybe the Ibiza trip pissed him off more than their relationship :unsure2:

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,848 Posts
Reactions: evypatton9

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Yeah, she's certainly been active on the old IG these past couple of days.

I know there was all that awkward / joking talk at IW earlier in the year, but it wouldn't surprise me too much if Juan popped the question in the coming months. Just hope there's no baby Betancourt's on the horizon in the near future :hysteric:

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,848 Posts
She must be on the phone again as I see she liked Anisimova's picture from Greece within 20 mins of that being posted. I haven't noticed her like Anisimova's pics before tbh :oh:

• Haha
Reactions: iGOAT and Luicine

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #235 ·
I'm a little surprised that she didn't post anything about the final as she is good friends with Ons (as far as we know) and also apparently at least friendly with Elena given that they had played doubles in the past and planned to in Melbourne this year. I do wonder if players were more or less asked not to comment on the situation though given the almost complete silence ? Or maybe almost none of them know Elena well enough to congratulate her given that she seems very shy.

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,848 Posts
I'm a little surprised that she didn't post anything about the final as she is good friends with Ons (as far as we know) and also apparently at least friendly with Elena given that they had played doubles in the past and planned to in Melbourne this year. I do wonder if players were more or less asked not to comment on the situation though given the almost complete silence ? Or maybe almost none of them know Elena well enough to congratulate her given that she seems very shy.
She liked the first Jabeur pic posted after the final. I can't see if she commented on it since it's got like 6k comments :oh:

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #237 ·
She liked the first Jabeur pic posted after the final. I can't see if she commented on it since it's got like 6k comments :oh:
Yeah and if they're actually good friends then I'm sure Paula would be reaching out personally rather than publicly anyway (and maybe same with Elena).

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,848 Posts
Rybakina has finally posted a post-Wimbledon final IG message 30 mins ago and Paula has apparently liked it already :hehehe:

Reactions: evypatton9

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #239 ·
Her latest Instagram post has some long caption; I think it's basically about saying she forgets to remember how lucky she is if her story is the translation of it.

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,848 Posts
She also got rid of the comments' restrictions she put before FO :hehehe:

221 - 240 of 262 Posts