Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figure we may as well have a thread anyway, but I was wondering where the shoot in her new Twitter picture is from ?

I'm also a little bit surprised to see she hasn't congratulated BARTY since usually she's one of the first to congratulate her colleagues and many others have, but maybe they don't know each other too well ?

Anyway, this thread can be used to share her on social media posts and others about her. Obviously can still post pertinent ones in other threads, but I think there will be enough stuff for this topic to have its own thread.

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh interesting, I was thinking that photo looked similar to those ones but I didn't recognize it from the ones she posted before from that shoot. Now she just posted it on Instagram, so maybe they released it as a second batch ?

http://instagr.am/p/CZWYMy-LEXX/

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: ZenEric

·
Registered
10,614 Posts

Translation:

Many stones along the way, but hope and faith were never lost. The dream was always bigger than everything. Thanks to those who support me and have always supported.
And to those who don't, also because you have made me even stronger.

We continue…

#top5

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,847 Posts
Yes, it looks like she's enjoying a family holidays in Dubai for a week already. I wonder who is paying for the accomodation since I don't really know how those things work for world class athletes :hehehe:

Reactions: iGOAT

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yes, it looks like she's enjoying a family holidays in Dubai for a week already. I wonder who is paying for the accomodation since I don't really know how those things work for world class athletes :hehehe:
It's a good question. I think most tournaments (and probably especially one like Dubai) pay for player lodging. Probably only during the tournament, although I wouldn't be surprised if they make exceptions for some of the more well-known ones. But I know that often the players get deals like free or discounted hotel stays in exchange for some social media promotion; I read an article a few years ago about it happening for most of the top ones in New York, and it was clearly the case for Paula and Juan during their vacation to the Maldives this year when they kept tagging the hotel in Instagram posts. She doesn't seem to be doing that this week though, so probably the family is footing the bill, but I would think it could be her or her parents (they seem to be pretty well off).

Reactions: ZenEric

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Too lazy to share the posts, but she and Juan are having quite the lovefest for Valentine's Day.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure what thread to put this news in, but her clay season is getting quite busy...

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Not sure what thread to put this news in, but her clay season is getting quite busy...

Yeah, Charleston-BJK-Stuttgart-Madrid-Rome in successive weeks. I know how representing Spain means a lot to her, and I'm not even sure if she has played a BJK rubber for them yet (probably not), but selfishly, I wouldn't mind her letting others do the heavy lifting again, especially with it being in her most lucrative period of the year. They are away to Netherlands and it is at least on clay, but Stuttgart will possibly have to give if she plays, especially if she goes deep at Charleston. A shame Spain didn't draw Belarus, as Belgium have been given a walkover.

I think it's good her entering as many clay tournaments as possible. Always the option to withdraw as you say, but also keeping her options open, and not relying on late wildcards if she wants to be involved.

Clay is usually my least favourite surface, but I'm very much looking forward to it again this year.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
  • Love
Reactions: ZenEric and iGOAT

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, Charleston-BJK-Stuttgart-Madrid-Rome in successive weeks. I know how representing Spain means a lot to her, and I'm not even sure if she has played a BJK rubber for them yet (probably not), but selfishly, I wouldn't mind her letting others do the heavy lifting again, especially with it being in her most lucrative period of the year. They are away to Netherlands and it is at least on clay, but Stuttgart will possibly have to give if she plays, especially if she goes deep at Charleston. A shame Spain didn't draw Belarus, as Belgium have been given a walkover.

I think it's good her entering as many clay tournaments as possible. Always the option to withdraw as you say, but also keeping her options open, and not relying on late wildcards if she wants to be involved.

Clay is usually my least favourite surface, but I'm very much looking forward to it again this year.
Damn I'm disappointed about Belarus, but otherwise all agreed.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
New Spanish ambassador for Kerastase:

http://instagr.am/p/CaoslrDrukP/
A couple of 'stories' in this hairdressers page:

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't follow many players closely, but it feels like the FACE thing kind of is materializing. Okay she's a long way from Sweet Emma, but seems to be getting above average for sponsors. Hopefully she can keep the momentum going with some good results!

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,847 Posts
Yes, I have a feeling she's signed a few extra sponsorship deals since making Top 10 :angel:

Reactions: iGOAT

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
10,614 Posts

There's a video on her IG stories of the reveal.

It feels strange her being the defending champion, probably because it's less than 5 months since she won it, but there should really be a fuss made over her, and hopefully a few more features on her in the coming days, in addition to that Movistar film thing on Thursday evening that she's still promoting.

Reactions: ZenEric and iGOAT
1 - 20 of 262 Posts