Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great, awesome display of Power tennis by the other Swiss Miss. Just like when Serena lost to Schiavone in Rome too. We know how much Serena struggles with power players. :p:lol: Just kidding!!! Well done, Peppermint Patty!!!! So nice to see her getting some big wins again. She and Martina Hings are basically the only girls that could beat Justine at Roland Garros without me being very sad. Love ya, Patty!!! :kiss:

·
Registered
10,842 Posts
Great, awesome display of Power tennis by the other Swiss Miss. Just like when Serena lost to Schiavone in Rome too. We know how much Serena struggles with power players. :p:lol: Just kidding!!! Well done, Peppermint Patty!!!! So nice to see her getting some big wins again. She and Martina Hings are basically the only girls that could beat Justine at Roland Garros without me being very sad. Love ya, Patty!!! :kiss:
Power tennis?:lol: I doubt any power tennis was coming off Patty's raquet in that match. If anything, she probably frustrated the heck out of Serena with all of her spins and variety.

Good job by Serena for lasting as long as she did.

·
Banned
35,898 Posts
Patty isn't a power player. Yes, she can hit a flat serve now and again as she demonstrated, and the odd flat forehand, but her game is overload of topspin and angles. No one else has a game like her on the tour.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Super win for Patty:worship: to not only "hang in there":bounce: but to battle one of the best mentally tough gals out there:fiery: great fight by Serena as well coming from 2-5 down to 5-5 that tie-breaker sounded like a classic..so I don't care if you did have a drink of orange juice Patty, you managed to pull through somehow! :lick: Keep it up girl...you gave us renewed faith today!:angel:

barmaid:wavey:

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Patty Schnyder is a very good clay court player. The question is WHY hasn't Patty DONE BETTER at the French Open. Venus Williams and Henin have both stopped Patty in the fourth round at the French Open. I think Patty has only reached the quaterfinals at the French only ONCE. If Patty were to play like this more often she COULD be French Open champion. The thing with Patty is she is so hard on herself. Patty has beaten Sharapova on clay, Serena Williams twice, Justine Henin, and numerous other top players she really is very dangerous on the clay.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Theirs only one swiss miss. 209 weeks of that one swiss miss. Hehe

Great win by Patty :) I'm impressed she beat the hot Serena now.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Serena's first tournie on clay in like 2 years...was expecting her to win because she does that sort of thing...but she'll still win RG!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Patty can´t be considered a power player, but she uses some flat shots here and there with the same power of the "power players"...

·
Always and forever.
33,789 Posts
You love her, but she's no more in your sig and she used to be for a long time. :awww:

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
I should get a royalty every time someone here uses the word Peppermint in a post about her. ;)

·
Registered
817 Posts
patty probably couldn't be a power player of jj's or masha's style (in the latter case probably even better cause patty's movement would have to disappear completely), but she seems to be afraid to go all out. I don't say that her first game plan is bad, it's brilliant, such a talent, but sometimes she could push on a little. Why do you call her peppermint???

1 - 20 of 27 Posts