Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
College football on ABC -- most of the country saw Florida at Miami -- scored a 4.4/9 to win the 8 p.m. hour. NBC's "Most Outrageous Game Show Moments," 4.0/8, took second, while an hour of "Cops" on FOX finished third at 3.6/7. CBS aired the U.S. Open women's final between Belgians Justine Henin-Hardenne and Kim Clijsters (2.5/5 average from 8 to 10 p.m.).

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,272_617|83381

======================================================

Damn! The final was beat out by reruns of Cops. :haha:

TR :cool:

·
Spaghetti Warrior
6,944 Posts
Woohoo :bounce: Two Belgians from tiny tiny Belgium upset some big American channel :D Lovely :haha: Gooo Kim and Justine :devil:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
it really doesn't speak for american tv viewers I have to say

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,201 Posts
Who cares about Amercan average tastes? After all it is the same people who are getting excited out of crap like NBA or NFL..

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
at least it was much more exciting then any of the all Williams finals.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
did u honestly expect GOOD ratings?>

·
Mean Admin Machine, Admeanistrator
36,597 Posts
Wow... we know Tee is a narcist but the 40+ thread about the ratings is right below this one ;)

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
gogomaggie said:
This is the funniest one yet. :lol:

Good one. ;)

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First, the WILLIAMS matches are always the highlight of the tournies.
Did you not hear all of the whining by media and promoters at the absence of V&S? :)

Also, this is a message board and a subject may be posted more than once if desired by the member.

Now, back to the topic of the bottom rated ratings. If the WILLIAMS are not in next year's Open, then I am sure that CBS will cancel the finals broadcast during the prime time spot.

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
When will you Americans learn?
American ain't the only country on the earth.
None of the non american ppl would give a fuck about it. The sisters ain't that carismatic.
Their story may be great but they aren't as big as the sport itself. they have as many haters as their supporters...so.....

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
TeeRexx said:
First, the WILLIAMS matches are always the highlight of the tournies.
Did you not hear all of the whining by media and promoters at the absence of V&S? :)

Also, this is a message board and a subject may be posted more than once if desired by the member.

Now, back to the topic of the bottom rated ratings. If the WILLIAMS are not in next year's Open, then I am sure that CBS will cancel the finals broadcast during the prime time spot.
They should have done it when they found out that it would be an all-Belgian final.

·
Spaghetti Warrior
6,944 Posts
lololol TR...you sure are a first class whiner :D:worship: Boohoo low ratings..;I'm sure Kim and Justine wouldn't dare to make it to another final at the us open....bring on the Williams so they can rescue whatever has to be rescued (could it be....money???? Can't be exciting tennis, that's for sure ;))...my god, poor CBS :eek::sad: we're all feeling so sorry for them...

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
gogomaggie said:
Really?! Then you must be a REALLY big fan, because those two finals were boring as hell. But everybody has their own opinion.

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,894 Posts
well people then don't complain when they don't put the foreign players on the prime courts or the best times because the USTA/US OPen depends on tv money to offer that Million dollar first prize. It all works together. Those ratings was bad for women's tennis and it will effect all the players not just CBS or the US Open.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Is this suppose to make me sad? Boohoo I'm so disappointed. There are you happy? :)

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
AGAIN, I'm sure Justine is cryng about it on her trophy.:haha:

·
Team WTAworld, canis sapiens sapiens
4,495 Posts
Does it show that some players are indispensable to American ratings or that American channels do a hell of a bad a job and are not able to promote foreing players?

·
Registered
16,198 Posts
I think the belgian channels never had better ratings at 3 am as they had yesterday.

oh, You don't find this meaningful?
Well, so our the american tv-ratings to me.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts