·
Registered
52,357 Posts
This match was torture: 5/24 = 21% on BPs; match was almost 1h30. :haha:

Anyhow, a win is a win, Amélie! :banana:

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Niculescu is so much better when she plays a normal shot, instead of that retarded chop forehand she uses. Anyways, hard luck Monica.

Well done Amelie :bounce: Been playing well this tournament, maybe getting back to some kind of form :D

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
If Amelie BP% does not improve, Aggie will win tomorrow.

·
Registered
19,142 Posts
Well done Amélie! :hearts: :woohoo:

She has lost only 5 games in 2 matches. :yeah:

She likes to make life difficult though as in this 5th game of second set. :lol:

·
H.G Wells/Myka
21,191 Posts
That match was closer than the score says but Amelie Won :banana: So good Job :yeah:

Whoever keep changing that channel during the match on the live stream should get hit :(

·
Registered
16,723 Posts
every match involving Niculescu is sucha joy to watch :drool: when things aren't going according to plan, try to forehand-slice your opponent out of court :inlove:
Amelie, this match should've been over LONG time ago :(

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
Allez Amelie :worship::yeah: Just work on BP conversion :lol::help:

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Monica :help:

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
Well done Amélie sometimes you've gotta win ugly!

·
God Gave Us Rock 'N' Roll
47,931 Posts
Amelie :yeah:

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,481 Posts
I feel very pround of Monica after watching that match. Yes she won only three games. But Monica fought for every point. She never lost focus, or showed discouragement at the fact that she was up against someone who was way too good for her on the day.

All I ever want from my favs is that they give it their very best and Monica did that today. I have been disappointed in Monica in the past, on occasion, because she has gone walkabout mentally and emotionally when things didn't go her way. Not a bit of that today. The only reason Monica lost today was because Amelie was better and nothing Monica could do could change that.

Monica was never going to win this match. But she did herself proud by fighting for every single game and indeed every point that she could get. And Monica won 49 points in the end. James Stewart in the movie "Mr Smith Goes to Washington" says in the climatic scene "the only causes worth fighting for are the lost causes." I really know what he means and Monica showed that today. If Monica keeps showing that spirit and heart she will only get stronger and better and she will win the matches when the opportunity is there to win them.

Amelie, what can I say? Outstanding, merciless, magnificent exhibition of tennis. Well done and thank you for stretching Monica to the limit. She will be all the better for it. :yeah:

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Yeah CHRISCHORSE !!! :D
that's exactly what you said !!
The match was closer than the score means
Monica played quite well ... she could have win more game ... but not the match!
it was a pleasure to see her fight ! :D

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu
1 - 20 of 46 Posts