now officially she's Alize's bitch
even indoors she cant beat her :help:

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
dani and alves :cuckoo:
cornet :unsure:

weird weird match.

anyone else notice (since fedcup), that dani and her new coach are wearing the same rings? who is he?

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Daniela could not continue her success from previous match and the first set, but she is making progress :hug:
Congrats Alize :yeah:

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
I don't understand why people call Cornet a pusher. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - when its on, her forehand is a bullet. But apparently on this board good defender = pusher :shrug:

Dani. Oh Dani :lol: She played so well in the first set and a half, the best I have seen her play for ages. Then completely lost it, was simply awful in the final set, didn't look like a top 100 player.

·
Banned
15,542 Posts
yeah alize,very proud how well and quickly she could recover from her fed cup disappointment:yeah:

she must be so happy,reaching her first quarter finale in paris:D

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
oh, an incident with alves. dani serving to adcourt away from alves' chair to save a bp. linesman calls it an ace... half a minute later alves says out.
daniela marches up to alves and asks her about it....
alves: erm, i wasnt sure of the call at first... i wanted to check the mark
daniela: so we're checking marks on hardcourts now? :mad:

:help:

·
Registered
13,921 Posts
52 UE's by Daniela.
Daniela has 77 to 76 total points as the end of the match...
So Cornet manage to win only 24 points by herself, when she had only 8 points on 1st set (only 1 point from Daniela's [2nd] serve). She beat herself for another time...

·
Registered
18,140 Posts
Danka, that was pathetic! Amaze mental meltdown.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,483 Posts
I'm sorry. I was working and I was unable to watch this match. I have to say honestly I don't understand. I am looking at the stats and they do not make any sense to me. They defy any logical probability.

Please someone explain to me...how does a player go from winning 16 out of 17 points on serve in the 1st set to winning just 3 out of 19 points on serve in the 3rd set. I have seen dips in form. I know players will often play better in one set than another. And yes I have seen some pretty dramatic chokes over the years. But that really does take the cake. How do you go from serving like Ivo Karlovic in one set to serving like Brie Whitehead two sets later, I am sorry but I do not understand. I am truely shocked.

Dani. :help:

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
oh and incident with alves. dani serving to adcourt away from alves chair to save a bp. linesman calls it an ace... half a minute later alves says out.
alves: erm, i wasnt sure of the call at first i wanted to check the mark
daniela: so we're checking marks on hardcourts now :mad:

oh wow:eek:

Alves Eye is back again:fiery:

whatever looks like that Dani works with Thomas Hogstedt, Sweden guy and former coach of Nicolas Kiefer und Tommy Haas.

Good luck for the next tournament:hearts:

·
Registered
23,292 Posts
Damn :mad:

Daniela should really not be losing to Alize on a court this fast. :eek:

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
It was similar to the way Dani loses to Ana, Chris. She plays really well and controls the match, but the other player hangs in there and does all sorts of tantrums, Daniela loses focus, tenses up and plays herself into a big whole while the other player grows in confidence and plays a bit better...

Also when Daniela hit some errors in the second set, she didnt go for as much anymore and gave Cornet more time on the ball (in the first set Cornet couldnt handle the pace and depth at all misshitting all the time) and then when she went for it again it worked fine for a bit, but then -> too tense. UEs and serve also got slower and worse.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
oh, an incident with alves. dani serving to adcourt away from alves' chair to save a bp. linesman calls it an ace... half a minute later alves says out.
alves: erm, i wasnt sure of the call at first... i wanted to check the mark
daniela: so we're checking marks on hardcourts now? :mad:

Oh, my christ are you serious? Combine that with this incident against Alize (at 1:45 in the video)! That umpire said she couldn't overrule in Dani's favour because it was too late.

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
cornet didn't do much bar make dani play more and more balls, this was enough to throw dani off.

i don't know whats worse, dani being thrown off so easily, or cornet be on the verge of top 10 with tactics such as get the ball in, run hard, loop the forehand up really high.

·
Registered
21,438 Posts
Thank God I stayed in bed rather than follow this one :eek:

I guessed as soon as I saw the scoreline that some sort of meltdown occurred.

Im really starting to hate Cornet, for no other reason other than she keeps beating Dani. I dont care if thats stupid.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts