Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This draw sucks. I was so looking forward to Serena and Sharapova fighting it out in the final for the #2 spot in the rankings. But of course the french have to protect Amelie from Serena and place her in the bottom half. While putting Sharapova and Serena in the same half. THis dramatically reduces the drama for the #2 spot, and for Maria to become the 1st #2 ranked Russian in history. :mad:

·
Adrenaline junkie
24,688 Posts
henree said:
THis dramatically reduces the drama for the #2 spot, and for Maria to become the 1st #2 ranked Russian in history. :mad:
Just a nitpick. Myskina was ranked #2 last fall albeit briefly.

·
Adrenaline junkie
24,688 Posts
Wojtek said:
I wonder why almost all stupid threads about draws are posted by Williams fans :shrug:
Don't even try to figure it out .. It is just a coincidence .. :haha:

·
Registered
10,848 Posts
henree said:
This draw sucks. I was so looking forward to Serena and Sharapova fighting it out in the final for the #2 spot in the rankings. But of course the french have to protect Amelie from Serena and place her in the bottom half. While putting Sharapova and Serena in the same half. THis dramatically reduces the drama for the #2 spot, and for Maria to become the 1st #2 ranked Russian in history. :mad:
You have no idea what you are talking about now do you.......:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
-
53,799 Posts
Mon dieu mon dieu ... où est on ?
How can you ALWAYS criticize ? How would WTA know without saying anything that the draws were arranged for one or one player...pffff dont say things bigger than you...poor tennis fan...ALLEZ AMELIE !!! :angel:

·
Premium Member
53,490 Posts
how is this negative.

If anything this helps Serena

by winning the event she can also take out the world #4 and #3 potentially.

220 for winning the event plus quality pts.

341 pts she could gain maybe a few pts more depending on the lesser ranked players she beats.

at current Davenport leads Serena by 629 pts.

if the planets align in the right way this week

Serena could be a mere 288 pts short of being #1.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
henree said:
But of course the french have to protect Amelie from Serena and place her in the bottom half. While putting Sharapova and Serena in the same half.
This has to be the most Hilarious post I have read in some time. How dare the French put Amelie in the bottom half of the draw, I mean that must be the the first time ever that the #2 seed has ever been place in the bottom section of the draw. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
52,549 Posts
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Its obviously not rigged, BUT I do wish we could go back to projected SF's as

1 v 4
3 v 2

Petrova is really No 3 the way the draw has worked out. What is wrong with the number you are really meaning something?

1 v 8
5 v 4
3 v 6
7 v 2

Just a thought! GOOD LUCK MOMO anyway. Love to see Pierce play her R2 :) :)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
what a dumb thread. why would they bother doing it for this tournament? mauresmo isn't going to win a tournment in her country anyways, france just needs to except that.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.