1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
181,953 Posts
at least Iveta tried in 2nd set after that pathetic effort in 1st

·
Registered
407 Posts
I was wondering what was taking so long for this thread to start. But I knew as soon as I started it there would be several. Anyway, how did Serena play?

·
Registered
14,232 Posts
Serena still has a cold, she sounded all blocked up in her on court interview :sad:

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Serena was in full control, congrats :yeah:
From the glimpses of the match that I saw, it looked like Iveta gave it a good try and did not too bad :hug:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Awww, Serena's sick. But she got the win.

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
Compared to the aussie open she is attacking more wich i love. Those bh and fh dtl :inlove:

Win it all rena :bounce:

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
yay!!!! 11-1:)

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Serena is sick she tried to speak french
"j'ai malade " " j'aime Paris" j'habite ici"

·
Registered
26,220 Posts
Congrats Serena :yeah: Nice win!

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
Good quality match

Serena - 23 winners, 17 Unforced errors
Iveta - 18 winners, 12 Unforced errors
sometimes stats lie. it wasn't a bad match serena was just doing enough, she let a few winners go past her she wouldn't normaly against a better opponent.
she didn't seem to want to move around much, which with a cold is understandable.

still serena mde the effort when it was needed and that was more than enough to beat benasova.

·
Isha > Your fave
26,632 Posts
Probably the best First round match so far, good quality , both the players were hitting the lines and making less mistakes.

Serena made something like 8 forced errors, while she forced Iveta to make something like 25 forced errors, from what they showed.

All the other matches were of so bad quality.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,484 Posts
Definately a nice match. Looks like Serena has started here a lot better than she started in Sydney or the AO. First match out and already she looks like the player to beat. Impressive.

I'm very happy with how Iveta played. She was up against a Serena playing if not at the very top of her game certainly at a very strong level and still Iveta managed to stay with her for most of the 2nd set. Iveta hit some great flat angled shots and she did a good job winning points behind her 1st serve. She was never going to win but it was a good effort in the 2nd set. It could easily have been 6-1 6-1 the way Serena was playing.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,484 Posts
Probably the best First round match so far, good quality , both the players were hitting the lines and making less mistakes.

Serena made something like 8 forced errors, while she forced Iveta to make something like 25 forced errors, from what they showed.

All the other matches were of so bad quality.
Yeah, I'd agree it was the best televised match of the week so far but I wouldn't say all the other matches were bad. Daniela vs Katya Makarova was also a very high quality affair.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts