Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paola needs urgent a Surgery
because she is injured in the nails of her foot.

After the surgery she needs rest two or four weeks.

She will not play the Fed Cup
and I dont know if she could play LA, San Diego and Canadian Open -i hope yes, because she defend a lot of points-

but she say she will play sure the Olympics and USOPEN

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
That too bad.

BTW, if she is out for at least two weeks, she will miss the JPMorganChase Open.

·
Banned
164 Posts
I coached a player who had the same problem -- a fungus from playing on clay. Paola will probably have to have her toenails pulled out, and will miss at least 2-3 months. Too bad -- I'm a big fan of hers, and she's having a great year!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I guess that means Virginia is on the sidelines for doubles too :(

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Gosh! Poor Paola. :( She was evidently in pain at times during some of her matches at Wimbledon, but we couldn't work out exactly what was wrong. What a bad time to be injured with the Olympics coming up and having real chances of getting a medal. :sad: Let's hope she can play again in time for Athens.

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
I can tell you, toenails can cause some of the worst pain imaginable.

Come back soon Paola! :D

·
Registered
19,362 Posts
get well paola :)

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
Paola :unsure: . This wasn't exactly a good moment to get injured...With the olympics coming up and a lot of points to defend in the Canadian Open. Plus, the Fed Cup team stands no chance against the Russian team without her. :sobbing:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TheNextSabatini said:
Paola :unsure: . This wasn't exactly a good moment to get injured...With the olympics coming up and a lot of points to defend in the Canadian Open. Plus, the Fed Cup team stands no chance against the Russian team without her. :sobbing:
yeah
it is not a good moment
but Paola could do it well when she returnes

·
Registered
453 Posts
Get well, Paola!
The Tour and FedCup miss you.
It's a real pity you'll not be struggling our girls...

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
15,233 Posts
:hug: for Paolita :hug:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
26,373 Posts
I had really bad toenails when I was playing a full schedule late last year, esp with my game style of running all day long :p

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Paola :sad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts