Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rita :sad:

Surprising win, well done Jelena... too bad Paola Suarez waits in the next round.

Does anyone know why Jelena doesn't play the grass tournament? She could have been seeded #1 there too!
Maybe she thinks she's played too few matches on clay, cuz she lost so many first rounds... :rolleyes: :confused:

Anyways, GO PAOLA!

EDIT: GOOO SUAREZ! :D I don't know how you won cuz u have like NO weapons at all, but still, allez!

Reactions: Gowza

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
:sad: Rita

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
It makes no sense to me. IMO, Dokic is a better grass court player than clay court player. Also, she is the defending champ at the DFS Classic, and you think she would want better preparation for Wimbledon. Where's the logic in playing Vienna right now? :confused: Jelena needs to use her head a bit more. Or maybe she needs to dump the new coach. I know he used to coach Steffi Graf, but Jelena is going nowhere with him!

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
when i saw the name Leo_DFP, on the home page, i just knew it was Davenport Ferrero and Pierce ;)

how ya doin ChavaLinzi1 :p

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
Well done Jelena. Best of luck in the next round. YOu can do it, please do not give up.

Mark

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
SerenaJWilliams said:
when i saw the name Leo_DFP, on the home page, i just knew it was Davenport Ferrero and Pierce ;)

how ya doin ChavaLinzi1 :p
You figured me out! :p

Sweets? Is that you? How come Alex didn't make your sig? :eek: :confused:

·
Registered
34,670 Posts
go jelena :bounce: WIN!!!

(though it is incredibly moronic that she is playing on a surface she hates, rather then defending her title on a surface she loves :rolleyes: )

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
Leo_DFP said:
You figured me out! :p

Sweets? Is that you? How come Alex didn't make your sig? :eek: :confused:
LOL!!!! yea its me :angel: congrats to u for Juanquis win btw :D too cute :D

errrr only the Russian girls made my sig....all the americans and my other faves didnt...that way i can be considered objective and rational :angel: ;)

·
Registered
677 Posts
why she's playing in vienna on clay when roland garros is over and not playing on favorite surface is a mistery...I have already said that the decision can have been done by Bernoldi...maybe he thought vienna would be more interesting than birmingham...I read somoene wrote that jelena should use a more the head...mmm difficult...she's not used....unfortunately!

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
You are rational now? :eek: No wway, I don't believe it!

Methinks poor Alex could use some support now. She can't even win a match on her favorite surface. :(

No "mental monkeys" for Ferrero this time in the RG final. He gave that Martin Verkerk one sound beating. I loved it! :D

And wtf is up with gotennis.com? What message board shuts downduring a frickin Grand Slam?! :mad: :fiery:

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
Leo_DFP said:
You are rational now? :eek: No wway, I don't believe it!

Methinks poor Alex could use some support now. She can't even win a match on her favorite surface. :(

No "mental monkeys" for Ferrero this time in the RG final. He gave that Martin Verkerk one sound beating. I loved it! :D

And wtf is up with gotennis.com? What message board shuts downduring a frickin Grand Slam?! :mad: :fiery:
LMFAO! ive always been a cool Williams fan :cool:

methinks Alex needs more than support :( ill always be her fan, i just dont need to continually show it :)

Ferrero gave his mental monkeys to Serena instead ;) but u cant really blame him for last year...he had like 21 injections in his ankle that fortnight :(

but he showed hes truly the king of clay ;)

btw Davenport :( injured again :( i want her to get to the [email protected] :D (with Jennifer/Kims and the sisters :))

gotennis....aint been there in ages....but that sucks dont it?!

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Rita :sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
SerenaJWilliams said:
LMFAO! ive always been a cool Williams fan :cool:

methinks Alex needs more than support :( ill always be her fan, i just dont need to continually show it :)

Ferrero gave his mental monkeys to Serena instead ;) but u cant really blame him for last year...he had like 21 injections in his ankle that fortnight :(

but he showed hes truly the king of clay ;)

btw Davenport :( injured again :( i want her to get to the [email protected] :D (with Jennifer/Kims and the sisters :))

gotennis....aint been there in ages....but that sucks dont it?!
Actually 45 injections, but who's counting? ;) That final loss last year had nothing to do with the ankle, IMO. It was all in his head, he froze under the pressure. But he has come very far in a year and proved that he is much more mentally tough in 2003... can't wait for him to reach #1 this year (and he will)! :D Definitely the King of Clay this year, with a 28-2 record, 3 titles, and of course the Roland Garros crown.

I really felt bad for Serena after Roland Garros, although I'm not a fan. She didn't deserve that kind of treatment from the crowd at all. But whatever, she'll be even more fired up and focused to win Wimbledon and I'm sure no one will stop her!

Well, Lindsay must be feeling healthy again because she is committed to playing Eastbourne next week. I would love to see her in the semis of Wimbledon again. IMO, she is much better than all on grass, except for Venus and Serena, so if she brings her "A" game to London then she will make the Final 4, I'm sure. :)

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
Leo_DFP said:
Actually 45 injections, but who's counting? ;) That final loss last year had nothing to do with the ankle, IMO. It was all in his head, he froze under the pressure. But he has come very far in a year and proved that he is much more mentally tough in 2003... can't wait for him to reach #1 this year (and he will)! :D Definitely the King of Clay this year, with a 28-2 record, 3 titles, and of course the Roland Garros crown.

I really felt bad for Serena after Roland Garros, although I'm not a fan. She didn't deserve that kind of treatment from the crowd at all. But whatever, she'll be even more fired up and focused to win Wimbledon and I'm sure no one will stop her!

Well, Lindsay must be feeling healthy again because she is committed to playing Eastbourne next week. I would love to see her in the semis of Wimbledon again. IMO, she is much better than all on grass, except for Venus and Serena, so if she brings her "A" game to London then she will make the Final 4, I'm sure. :)
45??? :eek: ok thats sad. maybe it was mental.....but his body musta been under strain after all that stuff going into it

so u want him to avenge his loss to Lleyton in the TMC i take it??! ;) that remains one of the most dramatic matches ive seen from the men :D

LOL thanks for ur comments regarding Serena :) ill make up for it by yelling my head off for her at Wimby :D

agree agree and agree about Linzi ;) but im sure we are the only two who see sense on that issue :D nobody else listens to me when i say it :rolleyes:;):)

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
I'd rather Ferrero avenge his loss to Hewitt in the US Open finals this year, coming back from 1-3 down in the final set. :D Maybe I'm just being hopeful but honeslty I don't think Lleyton will win a Slam this year. The players have figured him out and know how to beat him now. Heck, Raemon Sluiter came within a few points of knocking out Hewitt today on one of his least favorite surfaces!

LOL, we'll just have to smack some sense into everybody. Venus, Serena, and Lindsay rule on grass! :bounce: :D

That's right, you're going to Wimbledon this year. You must be very excited. Cheer on Lindsay for me, if possible. ;)

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
LOL well go Chava and get to #1 then! :D

yea dont think Lleyton will win a slam either this year....but then again, he has a way of proving ppl wrong

yes im SOOOOOOo excited about Wimby! :D i keep thinking i could actually meet my fave players :D

sure will cheer Linzi on ;) ive said a lot about her on grass and i hope she proves me right AGAIN this year :D

Linzi and the sisters seem to have a special thing for the AEC, dont u think?? :)

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Leo_DFP said:
I'd rather Ferrero avenge his loss to Hewitt in the US Open finals this year, coming back from 1-3 down in the final set. :D Maybe I'm just being hopeful but honeslty I don't think Lleyton will win a Slam this year. The players have figured him out and know how to beat him now. Heck, Raemon Sluiter came within a few points of knocking out Hewitt today on one of his least favorite surfaces!

LOL, we'll just have to smack some sense into everybody. Venus, Serena, and Lindsay rule on grass! :bounce: :D

That's right, you're going to Wimbledon this year. You must be very excited. Cheer on Lindsay for me, if possible. ;)
Yea, me and Sarah are going together! :D
Or so I promised her, hehe... :devil:
Sarah damnit, you've almost catched up with me with your endless posting, snap out of it! LOL

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Oh, definitely. Wimbledon means so much to Lindsay, Venus, and Serena and they play on fire there every year!

Well I have heard stories abpout people meeting their faves at Wimbledon, so maybe you'll get to see Serena or someone. Keep your fingers crossed. ;)

I better be on my way now. Nice talking to you again and hopefully I'll see ya on gotennis sometime. :wavey: :kiss:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts