·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After reading Passing Shots, I cant help but be a bit cynical about Pam including Chrissie with Martina, Monica and Steffi as one of the best ever...

It just makes me think that Pam didnt really want to say her, but had to 'mention' her to prevent a hissyfit like Chris would have done in the old days!!!

Never short of a word old Pammmy is she???

·
Registered
557 Posts
Great interview, thanks, Czechfan!

I do like Pam, even is she is a Republican! ::)

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Thanks for posting the interview! I think it is true that Pam has tried to do a lot for promotion of women's tennis in terms of air time, equal prize money etc.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Czechfan, Thank you for posting the interview. What a delight Pam is! Very very funny.

You mentioned Passing shots and Chris. Did she not like chris?

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
I may not always agree with Pam's views on and off the court but she always keeps me interested. Also, I like the fact that she doesn't take her commentating job too seriously and she actually demonstrates (on some occasions) an edgy wit that you wouldn't expect from a Baltimore Republican. ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not to rain on Pam's parade, because I am happy that she was elected, but what always bugged me about her was that she showed promise at age 16 reaching her first SLAM final, and never made it back there again. :confused:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
in her book Passing Shots, it seems that Chris Evert was very thin-skinned. She was always having a fit, or pouting if she felt like she had been slighted in some way by Pam.

So (I think) what he was saying was that if Pammy hadn't included Chris in her list of greats--Chris might have gotten an attitude about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts