Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
18,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats to Kim first of all.

It seemed odd to me how Pam and Mary-Jo were extremely happy for Kim after defeating Lindsay today to become the new number 1 player. My question is why are they soo happy for Kim, but not for Martina when she was number 1 without winning grandslams to sustain her ranking? It is fair to say, they both achieved the feat my playing consistent tennis throughout the entire 52 weeks. It's not like Martina had it easier to stay number 1.

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
Exactly....it is who Kim dislodged!! Imagine: The last two no.1´s before Kim have been black!! And that in a white sport!! Horrors!!

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Their job is to promote the game of tennis. True they may not like it that the Sisters dominate as they do and would like more diversity, in the control of the game. I feel both grow weary of watching Venus and Serena holding all those trophies at the slams. :cool:

·
Banned
327 Posts
bandabou said:
Exactly....it is who Kim dislodged!! Imagine: The last two no.1´s before Kim have been black!! And that in a white sport!! Horrors!!
That's horrendous that you are trying to insinuate that they are racist.

·
Registered
407 Posts
It has nothing to do with color.

Pam and Mary Joe never ever had a nice word to say about Hingis unless there backs were against the wall. Every chance they got to get a "Dig at Hingis" they took.

Pam kiss asses the Williams sisters all the time.

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
dekker said:
That's horrendous that you are trying to insinuate that they are racist.
Oh pluuuzzzz!! Don´t let us fool ourselves!

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
When Lindsay was playing her: serve-forehand game, it was ooh what a good technique, Lindsay has. When the sisters played the same way, it was: They only win because of their power?! Come on...

·
Banned
327 Posts
bandabou said:
When Lindsay was playing her: serve-forehand game, it was ooh what a good technique, Lindsay has. When the sisters played the same way, it was: They only win because of their power?! Come on...

You have got to be kidding me. Stop playing the race card.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Pam and Mary Joe never ever had a nice word to say about Hingis unless there backs were against the wall. Every chance they got to get a "Dig at Hingis" they took.

Pam kiss asses the Williams sisters all the time.
Right, lets set a few records straight here. I HAVE said nice things about Martina! I mean, I remember once I said she had a nice sock on.
As for the williams sisters, I do NOT kiss their asses all the time. I can't bend down to reach. So there.

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
dekker said:
You have got to be kidding me. Stop playing the race card.
What´s the difference between Lindsay and either sisters´game then?! They both seem the same to me! Yet when speaking about the sisters it´s their power and when about Lindsay it´s perfect technique?! Pluuzzz!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Pamela Shriver said:
Right, lets set a few records straight here. I HAVE said nice things about Martina! I mean, I remember once I said she had a nice sock on.
As for the williams sisters, I do NOT kiss their asses all the time. I can't bend down to reach. So there.
Then your next comment was how ugly her other Sock was ;)

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
When Hingis was number one, Pam Shriver used to say awful things about her and her mother. At that time, she drooled over Venus and took every opportunity to compliment her.

pffffft. Hardly likely. The only thing I drool over is an ex-bond, rusk eating, walker user millionaire.

Then your next comment was how ugly her other Sock was
No don't be silly......I'd have criticised her sweatband

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.