Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really impressive win for Sasnovich, now 4 wins in 4 days.

Hopefully this is the start of a rise back up the rankings

·
Banned
86,106 Posts
Mertens..lol...

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Sasnovich must not have a clothing sponsor.
She was dressed in a pullover shirt and shorts.
Sas looked like she was dressed for a practice session.
As she is ranked #119, she should have a sponsor.
-
Big wind today in Palermo.
At times the players had to wait for a big gust to die down.

·
Registered
31,831 Posts
The WTA's randomness is back; I thought Mertens would win this title.

Very nice win for Sasnovich though and she played well! She's due for some good form.

·
Banned
86,106 Posts
#2 #3 and #5 seeded already out after 1 R.

·
Registered
11,736 Posts
Delicious result and great to see Sashnovic enjoying success again. She has such lovely touch and I like how she is not afraid to approach the net, even on clay.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
I was surprised at how much Mertens was bashing considering she often wins (especially on clay) with her defence, especially her famous squash forehand. Today her backhand was way too flat, and the 1st serve was too risky, 2nd serve too soft.

Happy for Sassy though who needs the wins. She had a rough year last year and tumbled a lot further down the rankings than she should be.

·
Registered
31,831 Posts
Your lack of patriotism will be on show if Ferro gets it! :eek::LOL:

Last year was too bad to be true.
Haha I'm American but definitely not the most patriotic. Just living in France right now and this website somehow knows that/changes my flag.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I was surprised at how much Mertens was bashing considering she often wins (especially on clay) with her defence, especially her famous squash forehand. Today her backhand was way too flat, and the 1st serve was too risky, 2nd serve too soft.
This has happened a few times for Elise, especially after breaks (I think she started 2019 in particular playing much more aggressively than she was when she had her best success in 2018). I get the impression that she wants to move to a more aggressive playstyle because she suspects thst her ceiling is too low at the moment, but bashing doesn't seem very natural for her and if she spends too much time trying and failing to be a basher I fear that she'll miss out on a lot of success that her more natural playstyle could have gotten her.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
This has happened a few times for Elise, especially after breaks (I think she started 2019 in particular playing much more aggressively than she was when she had her best success in 2018). I get the impression that she wants to move to a more aggressive playstyle because she suspects thst her ceiling is too low at the moment, but bashing doesn't seem very natural for her and if she spends too much time trying and failing to be a basher I fear that she'll miss out on a lot of success that her more natural playstyle could have gotten her.
I completely agree! Still some work trying to find that perfect balance.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Haha I'm American but definitely not the most patriotic. Just living in France right now and this website somehow knows that/changes my flag.
When I changed my VPN location to a random country (e.g. Finland or Hong Kong) it picked that up and gave me a new flag as well.

·
Registered
20,020 Posts
I like Sasnovich but bandwagoning her is hard because she is so up and down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts