Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
On Fire Ferro had too much power for the Spanish clay courter SST.
I thought the short time and travel after winning in the Alps might be too much for Ferro.
-
SST appears to have gone to the famous Sara "The Serve" Errani school of how to serve in the WTA. She has the same serve setup as Sara.
Unfortunately SSt's serve allows a power hitter like Ferro to take control.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
On Fire Ferro had too much power for the Spanish clay courter SST.
I thought the short time and travel after winning in the Alps might be too much for Ferro.
-
SST appears to have gone to the famous Sara "The Serve" Errani school of how to serve in the WTA. She has the same serve setup as Sara.
Unfortunately SSt's serve allows a power hitter like Ferro to take control.
I have to say, I do not understand how players like Errani and SST refuse to try to change their serve and keep that horrible amateur serve for their whole career. I mean not everyone can serve like Serena but it doesn't hurt to try and learn from the best players in the game. Even if you are short, you can have a decent serve, but their serve... I have no words.

On the other hand, you have players like Ferro, and so many others, who have gone from a pretty weak serve to a more than decent one, working on their technique. It is honestly embarrassing that a professional player still serves like a local club scrub. Can you imagine if Errani had a better serve, she could have won a slam (in retrospect, thank god for that serve!!!)
But then again, the fact she decided to take a banned substance over actually WORKING on her fucking serve, speaks volume.

Wait, I just realized that 2012 FO finals (Errani-Sharapova) really should have been Stosur - Kvitova... :eek:h:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts