Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a match! And what a win for the italian-russian girl!!

2 hours 35 minutes..and Kiki still to play ....

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Re: Palermo QF: [LL} Liudmilla Samsonova d. Fiona Ferro 6-7 6-3 6-4

Epic from the parts I saw. Why was Fiona booed out? :eek:

·
Registered
87,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

She was not happy after she catch the break at 4-4 final set..didn´t saw what she did...

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Good win for Samsonova. Ferro seemed exhausted, physically and mentally. Enjoy your well deserved rest!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts

Fiona got upset at someone moving in the stands - she asked at least twice if he could stop - it seemed to bother Samsonova too.
But then Ferro lost the next two points, visibly upset. She cursed in French, I know she said "aucun respect!" (no respect at all!), and got a few boos.

Then, when Samsonova broke, in the same game, she kinda took advantage of the situation and asked the crowd to cheer loudly, raising her arms up. Then, well, the crowd completely got under Ferro's skin for the last game...

·
Registered
3,509 Posts

She was not happy after she catch the break at 4-4 final set..didn´t saw what she did...
A man in the stands shouted something while Ferro was serving at 4/4, 30-30 and 30-40. The camera wasn t on him. Samsonova ask twice Fiona to wait before serving. Result = 2 return winners.

·
Registered
8,905 Posts
I love that there's an actual Ludmilla making her way up the ranks, after Kvitova started being called Ludmilla, for whatever reason, LOL :)
Looks like she has a nice game

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Caught the last set and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thought Ferro had the upperhand, but that might have just been because she was serving first, but I was impressed with Samsonova's resilience.

First time I've even watched Samsonova was last week against Han where I thought she was shocking, very little power and a lot of mistakes, I was stunned she'd manage to rise even as high as she had based on that performance, but must have been a one off bad match, or I wasn't giving Han enough credit or something.

Great match girls, and some well earned rest for Ferro. Hoping for a Badosa-Samsonova final, but will probably be Bertens-Jil.

·
Registered
44,872 Posts
Lyuda :yeah: :inlove: Really hoped she could have a minor WTA breakthrough on these clay MMs. Some strong wins this week! :D

·
Blighted and solo
43,985 Posts
YASSSSS Lyuda! :cheer:

Fiona ran out of gas coming off the dream run last week in Lausanne.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
This match was a reminder that, for all that people bitch about meaningless clay MMs where only scrubs play, they can give us some pretty damn good matches. The last set was top-quality power tennis from both and Samsonova went up yet another gear at 4-4 - some of her FHs, whew.

Ferro's impressed me more in the past couple of weeks game-wise than I ever thought she would, her own FH is a pretty big weapon too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts