Tennis Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

Registered
I meant which one will you see in finals 馃
Giorgi arrives at this match after a three hours battle ended at 1:30 in the night, with not just physical fatigue but also a sure hard mental stress, always fighting to stay in the match.

Ferro had a very soft match, easily disposing of Errani, ended three hours in advance, so for sure will have a much better physical and mental condition.

It would be a kind of a miracle for Giorgi to get this match, Ferro hugely favorite also by the betting sites.
But sometimes Camila can make miracles..

Registered
It would be a kind of a miracle for Giorgi to get this match, Ferro hugely favorite also by the betting sites.
Not huge, but still signifcant - 1.66 to 2.20-2.35 from what I've seen.
But sometimes Camila can make miracles.
She may need one. I honestly didn't realise that Giorgi had not played on clay for more than two years before this tournament, her last one being Roland-Garros 2018. Apart from that, though, she's had three hard matches (even Peterson was not an easy opponent) and Ferro has had three comfortable straight sets victories.

Being a Giorgi fan, I want that miracle.

Registered
Not huge, but still signifcant - 1.66 to 2.20-2.35 from what I've seen.

She may need one. I honestly didn't realise that Giorgi had not played on clay for more than two years before this tournament, her last one being Roland-Garros 2018. Apart from that, though, she's had three hard matches (even Peterson was not an easy opponent) and Ferro has had three comfortable straight sets victories.

Being a Giorgi fan, I want that miracle.
To be honest the match won by Ferro vs Alexandrova IF was easy it's all due to the merit of Ferro, the opponent was not easy at all, on paper.

Registered
To be honest the match won by Ferro vs Alexandrova IF was easy it's all due to the merit of Ferro, the opponent was not easy at all, on paper.
It WAS easy. Alexandrova simply isn't playing to anywhere near her ranking. She got thumped by Kristyna Pliskova in one of the exhibitions in Prague, and beat Mladenovic in Palermo only because Kiki had a complete meltdown and couldn't wait to get off the court. I mean, I wrote in one of the threads before the event started that I thought Ferro would beat whoever came through from that match, and I wasn't surprised by the scoreline.

Banned
That was looooong for a first strike match. No momentum but that was expected. Just quick points until the end, a few wild rallies. I really wasn't going for any player as I like them both. It was a win-win. Giorgi got her revenge from that unceremonious R1 exit in Wimbledon 19.

Registered
Gotta love Camilla, she looked fabulous, she played fearless, and she deserves to be in the semifinals. I am pulling for her. I know in the past she isn't exactly an example of great sportsmanship, but hey, the lady can play. She looks great, and in a way, she reminds me of Bertoli in the fact her father coaches her, her Mom makes her outfits, and she represents Italy but lives in France. I wish I knew more about her personal life, does she have a steady boyfriend, does she still live with her parents at the age of 28, or does the mystery factor add to her mystique? Gotta love Camilla!

Registered
Gotta love Camilla, she looked fabulous, she played fearless, and she deserves to be in the semifinals. I am pulling for her. I know in the past she isn't exactly an example of great sportsmanship, but hey, the lady can play. She looks great, and in a way, she reminds me of Bertoli in the fact her father coaches her, her Mom makes her outfits, and she represents Italy but lives in France. I wish I knew more about her personal life, does she have a steady boyfriend, does she still live with her parents at the age of 28, or does the mystery factor add to her mystique? Gotta love Camilla!
That is all really cool!
I didnt know all this thank you
(But im still for Ferro馃檪)

Registered
Great shotmaking but overall hard to get immersed in. The vast majority of rallies were 3 shots or less. These two just go for broke on everything.
The shots aren't supposed to comeback and when they do it can force an error it's that fast,incredible .

Registered
Don't we all,No,No Yes Yes ,Yes.

Registered
I dream of Giorgi shining like a gem to be a constant top 10 player.
How much that would help the WTA EXPLODE!?
She is one of the kind. Gotta love Camila! :D

Registered
41 - 55 of 55 Posts