Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No thread? Everyone in Europe must be asleep or partying.
-
The 6'0 giant Bertens beats the 5'3 mighty mite Paolini.
Both players were sweating like pigs and the match finished at about 1:00 in the morning.
Bertens simply had too much power for the very short Paolini.
Bertens, a clay courter, moves very well for a 6 foot player, and her combination of power and movement was too much for Paolini.
Bertens is ranked #5, while Paolini is ranked #142.
-
I'm picking Bertens and Samsonova in the semis, and Bertens as champ.

·
Registered
34,935 Posts
Is Paolini very good or was Kiki a little off today? Bertens is so good at winning matches this year!

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is Paolini very good or was Kiki a little off today? Bertens is so good at winning matches this year!
Paolini moves very well and has some power, for her size, but will never be a big star because of her small size of 5'3 (1.60 m).
Begu, who has good power, could not hit the ball past Paolini yesterday.
Paolini is a fun player to watch, because of her movement and she throws all her energy into a match.

·
Registered
10,833 Posts
She was probably expected to win by a much easier scoreline, but the conditions were rough (as well as the starting time) and she was playing against an inspired Paolini with the Italian crowd rooting for her.

I'm impressed by Bertens' attitude this week more than her game. Despite it being only an international (and the fact that she's mostly there to get hitting practise while reading her book on the water :lol:) she's always striving for better from herself. Even in the last match against Krunic, she looks genuinely pissed when she goes down a break, hungry to make improvements, etc. Today was no different.

·
Registered
437 Posts
It's the last match of the day, which means around 3:00AM in my time zone.. Zzz~
I'll be able to watch tv replay later tonight. It'd be more exciting if I didn't know the result, but what is known can't be un-known^^

·
-
26,864 Posts
Definetly not a good match from Kiki. Too many UE’s
Credits though to Paolini. She’s so quick and can play forward. Would be nice to see her in the top 100

Reactions: ziggy2shus3

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Paolini's incredibly fun to watch. So tiny but goes for all her shots. Very high-risk game and when she's not nailing her accuracy she can bury herself in errors but when she's hitting her spots it's tremendous.

Even though she's fast I think her defence needs a lot of work, she commits herself to aggressive positioning and sometimes that means she just can't quite reach balls in time to do much with. Really hope to see her have a top 100 career.

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
No thread? Everyone in Europe must be asleep or partying.
-
The 6'0 giant Bertens beats the 5'3 mighty mite Paolini.
Both players were sweating like pigs and the match finished at about 1:00 in the morning.
Bertens simply had too much power for the very short Paolini.
Bertens, a clay courter, moves very well for a 6 foot player, and her combination of power and movement was too much for Paolini.
Bertens is ranked #5, while Paolini is ranked #142.
-
I'm picking Bertens and Samsonova in the semis, and Bertens as champ.
Is it normal in Palermo to play this late? (I mean, because of the even higher temperature during the day?)

·
Registered
437 Posts
A fun match, quite intense and clean "boxing." :laugh2:
Paolini showed lots of fight, kindof reminded me of Lauren Davis.
Hope she does well so I can see more of her.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts