Tennis Forum banner

Who realistically has a shot at winning RG 07

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know that there is 8 players left in the womens singles competition but who realistically has a shot of winning the title in your eyes?

All votes are made public and close 24 hours after this thread was first started

·
Registered
23,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I went for Justine Henin, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic (shes actually playing very well this week, and shes getting little press coverage for it)

·
Registered
23,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After 6 votes Svetlana Kuznetsova is the surprise leader in the poll!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I voted:
1. Henin;
2. Williams;
3. Jankovic; and
4. Kuznetsova.
Those are the ones who realistically have a shot at this years RG title.

·
Registered
15,213 Posts
I honestly think that, at the end of the day, the players that are mentally tough and are playing a decent standard of tennis have a very good shot. That's why I voted for Serena and Justine as the main contenders. I also put in the vote for Svetlana and Jelena; who both have a chance of winning if they can withstand the pressure [which they can both do].

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Only Justine and Serena. The winner of that match will win RG..

·
Registered
23,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well the top 2 off the poll are clashing tonight, gonna be interesting to see who wins thats for sure

·
Banned
134 Posts
Jankovic to me seems the most impressive. Shes handled all of her opponents rourinely and crushed Venus Williams in that third set .....but whats really making me notice her chances is the fact that SHE EXPECTS herself to win these matches, and her mentality is pretty strong right now. A key ingredient for a victory her at RG.

Jelena Jankovic is my pick.

·
Premium Member
28,161 Posts
I would say the 4 main contenders are Henin, Kuznetsova, Serena and Jankovic but realistically all of these women have a shot.

·
Rena's Army
35,201 Posts
Serena and JH...those are the only two I can see winning even if they are in any sort of losing position and not having to win in straights

·
Registered
10,795 Posts
All of them have a realistic chance but I think the favorites are Williams, Henin and Jankovic.

·
Premium Member
40,059 Posts
The Topmost Semifinalist Will Win RG 2007

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Everyone except for Nicole, Anna and Ana has a chance IMO.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts