Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
18,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm not trying to start a war, it's a legitimate question. do you guys think the injuries the sisters are nursing will have an effect on how well they will do when they do return? will kim continue to fall to players like lina k. and ai and never win a GS? will justine not be able to face the pressure of scrutiny and continue to not seek medical help when she gets a cramp and incur more serious damage to her health?

all four cannot remain at the top forever, so who will be the first to go? and please try to keep the bias to yourself.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
shap_half said:
i'm not trying to start a war, it's a legitimate question. do you guys think the injuries the sisters are nursing will have an effect on how well they will do when they do return? will kim continue to fall to players like lina k. and ai and never win a GS? will justine not be able to face the pressure of scrutiny and continue to not seek medical help when she gets a cramp and incur more serious damage to her health?

all four cannot remain at the top forever, so who will be the first to go? and please try to keep the bias to yourself.
I don't know if any will fall out, but the most likely out of the four is Kim.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Venus is out of the top 4, but is definitely among the 4 best players in the world right now!
i don't know, who will be the first to fall out of domination : we can't know it : for the moment i'd say CLijsters, but we never know. It might even be Serena (though i don't think it'll happen).

anyway, the fact you lose againt some low-ranked players (Kim against Ai, Lina, Venus against Meghann and Vera) doesn't mean there's no domination anymore !

·
Registered
18,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm not saying that that's the case, J&C, all's i'm saying is that they can't all do it forever at the same time. the williams domination started in 1999 and pretty much still going on even though there were lapses during the capriati reign and now that they are sidelined with injuries but when they come back they will most likely continue to dominate along with kim and justine. but one of them has got to go eventually. someone's gonna have to start. we can all speculate?

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
It would have to be either Belgian, most likely Kim....right now I can´t say anyone consistently beating either sister when they are healthy and in form.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,207 Posts
Kim. She has never dominated. Lleyton would not allow someone to dominate him.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
41,227 Posts
I think Venus. Sometimes it looks like she's more interested in other stuff (her own business) then tennis.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Kim, the cheapest number 1 in the world... im not invalidating her MANY titles this year, but chokes, hard and often.... look out for serena in 2004 to come back WITH A VENGENCE and take whats rightfully hers...

the number one ranking

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
i think justine will be the first to fall from the top tier competitively. she might have bundles of talent, but i don't know how much that little body can take.

that said .... venus might just retire at any moment and that would not shock me.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
per4ever said:
I think Venus. Sometimes it looks like she's more interested in other stuff (her own business) then tennis.
I've never understood these remarks about Venus.

Where do posters get the idea that she is so pre-occupied with her business??

From the fact that she promotes her business after a season is over, like after last year's Season Ending Champs??

Seriously, where does it come from??

Should we bring the fact up that Kim's quarrels with Justine, or her relationship with Lleyton will knock her off her throne.

Or Justine's marriage maybe on the rocks because she constantly wins and is just too devoted to tennis than her marriage. Maybe, she'll give up tennis.

Seriously, let's stretch them all a little further. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
King Lindsay said:
that said .... venus might just retire at any moment and that would not shock me.
From what I hear,
she's been retiring for years! ;)

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
VeNuS FoReVeR said:
I've never understood these remarks about Venus.

Where do posters get the idea that she is so pre-occupied with her business??

From the fact that she promotes her business after a season is over, like after last year's Season Ending Champs??

Seriously, where does it come from??

Should we bring the fact up that Kim's quarrels with Justine, or her relationship with Lleyton will knock her off her throne.

Or Justine's marriage maybe on the rocks because she constantly wins and is just too devoted to tennis than her marriage. Maybe, she'll give up tennis.

Seriously, let's stretch them all a little further. :rolleyes:
perhaps it's because she devotes her time to her business BEFORE the season is over, like before the season ending champs.

or maybe it's because she looks like she doesn't give two shits about losing every major to serena.

or how 'bout the fact that she cedes just about every single Tier I tournament on the calendar to allow Serena to walk through.

but yeah, no reason to suspect venus has lost any motivation.

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
King Lindsay said:
perhaps it's because she devotes her time to her business BEFORE the season is over, like before the season ending champs.

or maybe it's because she looks like she doesn't give two shits about losing every major to serena.

or how 'bout the fact that she cedes just about every single Tier I tournament on the calendar to allow Serena to walk through.

:lol: ! Vive le sarcasm! Guess you didn´t look Venus´s face the last three times she lost to Serena, huh?! I´m telling you that wasn´t a happy face!

Venus has her own tier I´s too! Serena has never played Moscow, sooo...

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
King Lindsay said:

1. Before?? I'd like to see when.

2. Venus doesn't seem to give "two shits" when losing to other players either, so, not a valid argument.

3. Serena played two Tier 1's this year: Charleston and Miami. Venus played one: Miami. Venus was also scheduled to play Berlin, Rome, Moscow, and Zurich. Serena was only scheduled to play Berlin, Rome, and I believe that's it. Venus would have more Tier 1's with my count. :confused:

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
bandabou said:
:lol: ! Vive le sarcasm! Guess you didn´t look Venus´s face the last three times she lost to Serena, huh?! I´m telling you that wasn´t a happy face!

Venus has her own tier I´s too! Serena has never played Moscow, sooo...
ok, venus gets moscow, and serena will take the other 8. fair trade?

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
VeNuS FoReVeR said:
1. Before?? I'd like to see when.

2. Venus doesn't seem to give "two shits" when losing to other players either, so, not a valid argument.

3. Serena played two Tier 1's this year: Charleston and Miami. Venus played one: Miami. Venus was also scheduled to play Berlin, Rome, Moscow, and Zurich. Serena was only scheduled to play Berlin, Rome, and I believe that's it. Venus would have more Tier 1's with my count. :confused:
VF, what do you think venus is doing after the US open where she stops playing until the new year?

actually, if you're saying that venus doesn't give a damn about losing to anyone, then thanks for strengthening my point. clearly she is suffering from lack of motivation and could retire anytime. valid argument.

No, no. SCHEDULED. that is the key word. how many did venus play last year? and serena was to play canada too, and this year something even more strange happened as venus ceded the hardcourt season to her sister, allotting her stanford and san diego!

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
King Lindsay said:

What do you expect but garbage to come ouf of a potty mouth? "King" Lindsay knows nothing. He acts like he has some inner insight into what venus is thinking or feeling when fans already know how she feels because she has discussed it in interviews. His assumptions just reveal the ass he is.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts