Registered
17,731 Posts
Coming soon.

Rebeccas collum!

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/jon_wertheim/news/2003/05/19/mailbag/

Now that 16-year-old Rafael Nadal has upset Carlos Moya on clay, don't you think it's about time you give the kid some ink? He did lose his next match to Gaston Gaudio, but something has to be said for anybody upsetting Albert Costa and Moya on clay in a three-week period, let alone their 16-year-old compatriot. So what's the scouting report on him? Have you had a chance to see him play yet? (Avoiding that Nadal-Gasquet comparison you media folks love so much would be greatly appreciated!)
—Rebecca, Toronto

Oops, you're a question too late. But we're happy to give the ink. Any 16-year-old who beats Moya on clay shoots to the head of the class. We eagerly await watching him play at Roland Garros.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Congrats Rebecca! I have been very impressed with Rafael!! I hope that she continues to do very well in the weeks (and years) ahead!!! :)

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
damn, Becca. good job! :bounce:

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
I read that this afternoon and thought Becca did it again! I think Wertheim likes her! ;) Who knows, Becca may be assisting him in his weekly columns soon! And why not? She knows tennis! :D

I hope Becca doesn't get a big ego from all this adulation!

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Congrats Rebecca. No doubt that Wertheim has the good sense to recognize intelligence and that is why he picks up.

Perhaps CNNSI can give you an exclusive column covering the South American/Spainish brigade of players. That way you could get a chance to interview Ferrero in person! ;)

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Apoet, Becca interviewing Ferrero in person? That would be interesting! ;) But can Becca speak Spanish?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts