Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 381 Posts

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Jana Fett (#111 in juniors; 16y 3m old) signed up for her first pro tournament the week after next, in Turkey :yeah: but then withdrew :sad:

Hope she'll take the plunge soon!

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
She will play qualifications in Antalya this weekend, debut on ITF.
Indeed. In QR1 Jana Fett, an unranked 16 yo, goes against an unranked 19 yo.

The winner plays the #8 seed, Fomina (23 yo; #1029).

Here's wishing Jana good luck in her very first pro tournament!

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
And she won in second QR against seed No.8 . . . Just one win away from main draw, she plays tomorrow against seed No.11

GL Jana :thumbup:

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Which one of these Croatian youngsters is undefeated in her professional career? :lol:

a. Vekic
b. Lekaj
c. Mekovec
d. Fett
e. Lukas
f. Konjuh

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Anybody out there have information about Petra Granic? She recently turned 15 and seems really good. Last month she beat Stanikova, who's top 150, in straight sets.

Petra's ranked ~#800 but she has played only four "events" (two tournaments, in both singles and doubles). There are only about 20 players ranked higher than her with four or fewer events, and a good number of those are top players who are transitioning out of juniors (Sorribes Tormo, Vekic, Duval, Barty, Putintseva, Khromacheva, etc.).

I'm intrigued. Any information...?

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Lana Slavica is in SF of G3 Plovdiv Cup :) She beat (1)Karoline Kurz 2 & 2 in R1 notably

SF vs. Aleksandra Karamanoleva :cheer: :)

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
It's easy for Donna and Ana to overshadow all other Croatian juniors but I want to congratulate 16-yo Martina Basic for winning this week's G5 in Montenegro. I think it's her first title.

Well done!

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Iva Primorac is in the SF of $10K Horb. In R2 she beat the #2 seed Alexandrova and in the QF the #7 seed.

Good luck!

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
14-year old Nina Alibalic played her first pro tournament last month ($10K Brcko). She won four matches to reach R2 from qualies, earning her first pro ranking point.

This week she's playing Pancevo G2. She won three matches to qualify (including against the #1 and #8 Q seeds) and in R1 she upset the #6 seed Bekefi in straight sets. Her ranking will go up from 1090 to ~800.

Anyone here know anything about her?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
She is from Zagreb ( HTK Zagreb ) I think .. one of Croatian best young talents .. still to early to predict anything, but so far she is doing more than good :)

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
14-year olds Dea Lako and Klara Mrcela are into the doubles SF of Bol IV without lifting a racket: bye in R2, walkover in QF :spit:

41 - 60 of 381 Posts