Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't watch the match but the stats look good for Coco. Best serving match she's had in a long time, 66% first serves in, 3 aces and most importantly only 2 double faults. Cepelova can be dangerous when she's on so this is a nice scoreline. Hope she can keep her focus and make the main draw.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
311 Posts
Nice bounce back from Cori here. Only 2 DF. I’m assuming her team is addressing the serving woes, of course they are. Soo young, soo much time.
FQR against Begu now
2 DF’S amazing improvement hope she can keep it up ... so young things can get better or worse pretty fast at that age but happy for her not worrying about your serve allows you to play more free wish I could see her motion to see what changed

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Nice! Too bad there is no stream for these matches. Would have loved to watch some of these matches today.

Reactions: Rena P

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I don't see Begu being a problem at all. Begu is a head case. She will fold faster than a cheap tent.

·
Registered
311 Posts
However, when you do lots of DF, it's often a consequence of the good returns from the opponent, putting pressure on the server. I guess Cepelova was pretty lame at that in this match.
LOL no chance with Gauff the other side of the net does not matter for her ..... she is a machine at double faulting for no reason have you seen her last 4 or 5 matches she can stink it up in the form of 3 or 4 in a row lol .... heck she leads the tour with 8 per match and 14 per match the last 5 or 6 but maybe she is figuring it out.... I will just be happy she getting the ball in the box.... yes

·
Registered
311 Posts
I don't see Begu being a problem at all. Begu is a head case. She will fold faster than a cheap tent.
I have said this before Gauff can beat anybody in the top 20 and lose to anybody in the top 150 ... if she has less than 4 DF per set she will probably win if not it’s going 3

·
Registered
707 Posts
I have said this before Gauff can beat anybody in the top 20 and lose to anybody in the top 150 ... if she has less than 4 DF per set she will probably win if not it’s going 3
But that is for most in WTA , everybody can beat a top 10 player and lose from a top 100 player ;) Even Serena can lose from a top 100 player.

Lets hope Coco win tomorrow and have a good tournament.
Its good too play a smaller tournament outside the public and media eye
all those pressure for a kid is not good, let her be a teen for a while.
Its not so easy too live up the expections when you are so young.

·
Registered
12,008 Posts
What is wrong with Cepelova?

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
Gauff's bad performances this year since lockdown have mainly been down to pressure and nerves. That loss to Trevisan, she was so stressed and practically whimpering. This event is pretty much a coda to the season without any pressure or expectation on anyone, including her, so that is presumably why she is playing better.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Impressive serving from Coco, Begu will be an annoying out so let's hope she can keep it together

·
Art & Futures
20,542 Posts
wow demolishing just like Swiatek was doing

next FO champ? 👵

edit: just realized this is hard court lol

·
Registered
11,813 Posts
Nice start for Coco - can’t hope for much based on this win, however 6/1 6/0 scoreline is certainly very promising.

Imagine if Coco went all the way here - it would generate discussions of ‘will Coco be the new indoors GOAT queen?’ as per tennis forum history.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Gauff will lose her next match for sure she's playing like a challenger player a really bad match by her, Gauff never winning a major in her career. Gauff being a nice girl off court is still screaming come on every point which is putting off the players shots making them miss she's a sore winner for sure. Gauff needs to grow up she's a pro tennis player now

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
Gauff will lose her next match for sure she's playing like a challenger player a really bad match by her, Gauff never winning a major in her career. Gauff being a nice girl off court is still screaming come on every point which is putting off the players shots making them miss she's a sore winner for sure. Gauff needs to grow up she's a pro tennis player now
wtf

·
Registered
311 Posts
you are certifiable .... keep it up....got to have something in ya life

·
Registered
800 Posts
imagine spending ur time hating on a 16 year old girl ...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts