Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
Good well done Mirjana, I'm so glad you beat Laura "oh she's better than me and works harder so that has to mean she's on roids even though I've no basis whatsoever for my ridiclously malicious and outlandish claims" Granville.

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
I didn't expect this one

Beat Chichi now!
lol

·
Registered
11,042 Posts
Good well done Mirjana, I'm so glad you beat Laura "oh she's better than me and works harder so that has to mean she's on roids even though I've no basis whatsoever for my ridiclously malicious and outlandish claims" Granville.
:confused: Could you please explain?

Reactions: CrossCourt~Rally

·
Momomental
8,576 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
wow, that's a Mirjana win worthy of posting in GM. Granville is just coming back, but this is indeed a good win for lucic. keep it up!

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,483 Posts
I'm glad to see Mirjana get a good win. I really admire the persistence Mirjana has shown these last 18 months. She has slogged away week after week often having to play qualifying just to make the draws for a 25k ITF event and in truth she has had very little to show for her hard work the last 18 months. It can be easy for a player won their 1st tournament at the age of 15 and who was in a Grand Slam semi just a little after her 17th birthday, to find themselves at 27 having to qualify for 25ks. I have a lot of respect for her actually.

I generally hate it when people refer to players deserving or not deserving to win a title or get to a ranking or so on. Who's really to say who deserves what? But I must admit I would love to see Mirjana somehow find the form that once took her well inside the top 50. If by some miracle Mirjana was to find her way back to the top 100 I'd be really happy for her. Infact I would say she deserved it.

·
Registered
43,734 Posts
Are you serious? That was almost 7 years ago.. She had turned pro one year prior. Get over it.

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts

:eek: The only quote of Laura saying anything is that she's heard rumours about Momo, BUT she works really hard...that's hardly someone saying another player's on roids.

WD Lucic. :cool:

·
Momomental
8,576 Posts

·
Registered
34,670 Posts
I'm glad to see Mirjana get a good win. I really admire the persistence Mirjana has shown these last 18 months. She has slogged away week after week often having to play qualifying just to make the draws for a 25k ITF event and in truth she has had very little to show for her hard work the last 18 months. It can be easy for a player won their 1st tournament at the age of 15 and who was in a Grand Slam semi just a little after her 17th birthday, to find themselves at 27 having to qualify for 25ks. I have a lot of respect for her actually.

I generally hate it when people refer to players deserving or not deserving to win a title or get to a ranking or so on. Who's really to say who deserves what? But I must admit I would love to see Mirjana somehow find the form that once took her well inside the top 50. If by some miracle Mirjana was to find her way back to the top 100 I'd be really happy for her. Infact I would say she deserved it.
Beautifully said, and I agree. :)

Surprising win for Mirjana, she should be very pleased. :yeah:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts