Tennis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

Registered

Premium Member
I feel so bad for Honey Boy missing out. Easily my favourite film of the year but Award shows rarely award Indie films

Registered
I missed Brad Pitt winning! gggrrr

Registered
Blah! I was somewhat hopeful that Scarlett or Saoirse could stage an upset win for Best Actress, but of course the Academy preferred two hours of squinting and pouting from Renee Z instead. Although credit to her for randomly mentioning Venus & Serena in her speech. ;)

Registered
Foreign film and Best Picture that's a first, congrats to Parasite! 馃憦

Registered
probably the academy freaked out about the backlash when nominations came out :lol: but this is the correct result, thank god.

The most satisfying result in a long, long time! Parasite deserves the recognition and is a much better than that war movie! 鉂も潳鉂

Registered
This is the first time that all the people I was rooting for the the acting categories actually won! Bliss.

Trainwreck
For once I saw both lead acting wins films before they won. Happy for Joaquin who was well overdue. And like I said earlier in the thread I loved Renee.

Very pleased for Brad too! Yet to see that film though :p.

Art & Futures
A lot of people seem quite happy for Parasite!

And yes, let's not forget Renee's shout out

Premium Member
So is Oscars diversified or not? You can't lambaste the panel for not being diversified when the nominations were announced and then celebrate diversity when the results were announced.

Pick a side.

Registered
I was happy Phoenix won Best Actor. He put forth an exquisite performance. But, his speech was oft-puting, going off on the "horrors" of humans drinking milk meant for calves. I am at Harris Teeter right now and think I will get an extra gallon of milk. Humans have dominion over animals and we must utilize what they have to offer as resourses when appropriate.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts