61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
48,341 Posts
Awkwafina :sobbing:

·
Registered
7,585 Posts
Of course the Academy is once again more amused by impersonations of real people than actual performances. Awkwafina’s amazing performance gets snubbed in favour of Charlize Theron’s face makeup and Renee Zellweger doing her usual squinty thing for 2 hours.

·
Registered
17,510 Posts
Of course the Academy is once again more amused by impersonations of real people than actual performances. Awkwafina’s amazing performance gets snubbed in favour of Charlize Theron’s face makeup and Renee Zellweger doing her usual squinty thing for 2 hours.
I guess that's all they did: put makeup on and squint. You want to be upset about how these decisions get made, that's fine. I get that there's a lot of bullshit politics around these awards, but man, at least try to come up with a more educated critique of their performances.

·
Registered
17,510 Posts
Nice to see Scarlett finally get recognized by the Academy. I feel like she's put on some great, ignored performances over the years, most notably Girl with the Pearl Earring and Lost in Translation. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if she won Lead Actress and spoil Renee's party.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Parasite and Dolor y gloria are so far the best movies I've seen from 2019. Too bad they will probably fight only for Best Foreign Language Movie. It's a wishful thinking but Banderas should get an Oscar for acting. Also I hope Hopkins will at least be nominated.
Marriage story is meh, Once upon... is good but not amazing. Haven't seen Joker nor Bombshell.
Yes! both of them nominated. And Parasite nominated in so many categories is awesome news!
As usual Best International Feature Film is very interesting. I'm very surprised Corpus Christi is nominated.

·
Registered
84,722 Posts
Then please explain Taron Egerton's portrayal of Elton John? He is snubbed too.🤷

·
Registered
160 Posts
So I'm guessing the the Oscars thought "We had lots of women and black people nominated last year, that should satisfy them for the next 10 years"and proceeded with the nominations this year.

It's disgusting.

·
Registered
29,316 Posts
So I'm guessing the the Oscars thought "We had lots of women and black people nominated last year, that should satisfy them for the next 10 years"and proceeded with the nominations this year.

It's disgusting.
What's disgusting is people's obsession with racial representation in nominations.

·
Registered
48,341 Posts
Then please explain Taron Egerton's portrayal of Elton John? He is snubbed too.🤷
could u call him snub? the are basically 10 contenders for Best Actor and Actress only have 7 contented and and the snubbed one has the review and boxoffice , also happen to be POC, and the only POC nominated happened to be a SLAVE as a character
someone gotta miss, which happen to be him, his film is not strong, but stronger than last year BR(wonder how he won), also he buying into his way to win GG, invited all the GG voters to his birthday Party with Elton John's performance a month before his actual birthday....

61 - 80 of 83 Posts