Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

Registered
I don't see how The Irishman will lose Director/Best Actor/Best Supporting Actor. It's basically the swan song for Scorsese and De Niro/Pesci/Pacino. Watched the film today and besides run time this has Oscars written all over it 馃し Unless the Academy has a grudge against Netflix.

Registered
Lol, what did De Niro do to the HFPA? At the Globes, The Irishman showed up everywhere including a double supporting actor nomination for Pesci and Pacino but he got snubbed for a Bale lone nom in Ford v Ferrari.

Registered
GG nomination is Kinda bad, no female leaded movie in BP Drama or Comedy, Director and SP
so anti-women as usual
and Kathy Bates and Annette Bening LOL
no De Nero LOL
NO When They See Us LOL

Registered
PARASITE IS COMING SO STRONG NOW
watch Out Quentin and Martin

Registered
Mary Kay Place won the LAFCA! Too bad her movie has been widely overlooked and underdistributed, because the role has the overdue character actress getting the lead role nomination written all over it. Jenkins/Leo/Staunton like.

Registered
My current picks based on the movies I've seen so far this year (shameless plug, follow me on Letterboxd: BigJ2018)

Best Picture: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood / Parasite
Best Director: Bong Joon-Ho, Parasite

Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Joker
Best Actress: Scarlett Johansson, Marriage Story
Best Supporting Actress: Laura Dern, Marriage Story
Best Supporting Actor: Brad Pitt, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

International Film Feature: Parasite
Original Screenplay: Lulu Wang, The Farewell
Adapted Screenplay: Taika Waititi, Jojo Rabbit
Cinematography: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Contenders I have yet to see: Little Women, Bombshell, 1917 & Judy

Registered
okay having seen Bombshell, Margot Robbie might be my pick for Supporting over Dern.

The restaurant scene? chills down my spine

Registered
I鈥檓 loving this Season actually. All what I鈥檝e watched among the main contenders (Once Upon a time..., Ad Astra, Dolor y Gloria, Parasite, Marriage Story) is from very good to masterpiece to me. Well except Joker of course, which I despise.
I鈥檓 also watching this evening Little Women and I hope to love it. The Irishman is one I鈥檓 procrastinating because of the lenght, lol. But I have very good feelings about that one, too. Maybe I part it in two, it鈥檚 difficult for me these days to find time to stayed glued to the sofa for 3 hours in a half for a movie.

夏の匂い。キ&#
Richard Jewell was so misunderstood. Too bad the lefty film critics wouldn't acknowledge it.

Registered
Richard Jewell was so misunderstood. Too bad the lefty film critics wouldn't acknowledge it.
but the righty ain't watching this either

Shovel Yourself Out Of The Shit
Currently watching The Irishman in about 5 installments on Netflix. It's good, but feels a little Scorsese-by-numbers to me.

Hopefully will be seeing Little Women on the weekend. I suspect there will be tears 馃槩

Registered
Parasite and Dolor y gloria are so far the best movies I've seen from 2019. Too bad they will probably fight only for Best Foreign Language Movie. It's a wishful thinking but Banderas should get an Oscar for acting. Also I hope Hopkins will at least be nominated.
Marriage story is meh, Once upon... is good but not amazing. Haven't seen Joker nor Bombshell.

Don't waste your money on Joker.

I'm surprised to read on social media that a lot of people think Joker should win Best Picture. I'm sorry, but... 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

Registered
annual British war film win BP is juts NO NO

Registered
Antonio Banderas is a "nothing special" actor.Overrated because he is a great person and well-known is USA
.Pain and Glory is far from the best Almod贸var movies.
In my opinion of course.
Rene will win easily the Oscar for Judy and watch out Jennifer Lopez because she can be nominate for the pole dancing movie :lol:
And Rene won the Golden Globe.. Now the Oscar

41 - 60 of 83 Posts