Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Rise up from ignorance
18,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another "I don't give a damn" showing from Stephens. First set was a wash and there was a little more fire in the second but didn't last long.

Obviously Camila tried to make it exciting while serving for the match but broke right back to win it anyway (despite Hawkeye extending the match on MP #2) :p :cheer:

·
Registered
465 Posts
NID. The one who cared, won. Simple as that.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Giorgi blazed through the games in the first set. Solid win for her and I think she was a little shell shocked during the post match interview, LoL!

Sloane just didn't show up, at least not in the first set.

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
Basically matchfixing imho
Check their Sydney 2018 R32 match (Cami won it to 63 60), that was very much the same.

This time in Set 1 Cami played at AM/game level around +2.83 (even though she produced several UEs. :lol:). This means practically unplayable level for the opponents. (In the 2nd set they both became rather bad.)

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
camila looked a million dollars and played like a million dollars other than late in the second set.

she was certainly goating other than 11 double faults.

paul hand who was commentating need a thesaurus, as he was running at of superlatives with her ground strokes.

typical camila handshake and a very uncomfortable interview. the interviewer tried his best but got nothing.

is it just because camila is shy, she doesn't speak great english or does she just not like human beings.

still a fan though.

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
camila looked a million dollars and played like a million dollars other than late in the second set.

she was certainly goating other than 11 double faults.

paul hand who was commentating need a thesaurus, as he was running at of superlatives with her ground strokes.

typical camila handshake and a very uncomfortable interview. the interviewer tried his best but got nothing.

is it just because camila is shy, she doesn't speak great english or does she just not like human beings.

still a fan though.
This is because in Cami's case it is REALLY TRUE that her tennis doesn't depend at all on her opponents, she doesn't care who her opponent is, she always plays in the same spirit. She can change some tactical things during her matches (following her father's advice), but never because of her opponents doing this or that.

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
Every time I watch a Giorgi interview I think of this:

The interviewers should ask the right questions from Camila. As long as they are asking about her opponents they are getting nothing. (They should ask about her favorite shots, her opinion about the big serves vs. DFs, if she prefers out-door or in-door tournaments, what about the wind and the sunshine, with how many dresses she prepares for the tournaments, how much time she spends in the gym, what is her favorite food and physical training exercise, how much she eats, is her dresses available for purchase, etc. etc.)

1 - 20 of 75 Posts