Tennis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Defending champion Paige Hourigan has had her best singles win of the year at the ITF US $15,000 tournament in Corroios-seixal in Portugal overnight.
Returning to the scene of her maiden ITF tournament singles title last year, The 22 year old Kiwi has beaten 6th seed Mari Osaka 7-6 (4) 6-4 to reach the quarter finals.
Osaka is the older sister of world number two Naomi Osaka and is the highest ranked player Hourigan has beaten this year at 314 in the WTA rankings.
Hourigan will face Turkey's Pemra Ozgein in the quarter finals tonight.
Hourigan is also through to the semi finals in the doubles.

Source: It's not all about Wimbledon as Kiwis impress on ITF circuit.

·
Registered
14,637 Posts
I wondered where the Kiwi women had gotten to.
Marina Eraković as an import? :angel:

Otherwise I can't think of any, also no Irish players at all to leave any trace in my memory. :confused:

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Defending champion Paige Hourigan has had her best singles win of the year at the ITF US $15,000 tournament in Corroios-seixal in Portugal overnight.
Returning to the scene of her maiden ITF tournament singles title last year, The 22 year old Kiwi has beaten 6th seed Mari Osaka 7-6 (4) 6-4 to reach the quarter finals.
Osaka is the older sister of world number two Naomi Osaka and is the highest ranked player Hourigan has beaten this year at 314 in the WTA rankings.
Hourigan will face Turkey's Pemra Ozgein in the quarter finals tonight.
Hourigan is also through to the semi finals in the doubles.

Source: It's not all about Wimbledon as Kiwis impress on ITF circuit.
It's a 25k actually.

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Click bait.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Haha. You should be more sensitive to us Naomi fans and clearly indicate which Osaka lost in the thread title. Some of us still haven't gotten over Naomi losing in the 1st round yet. As for me, I initially got triggered seeing the thread, feeling exasperated and thinking "damnit, she lost again!!". Glad to know that it's only Mari :lol:

Reactions: Vil Dit In

·
Registered
23,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha. You should be more sensitive to us Naomi fans and clearly indicate which Osaka lost in the thread title. Some of us still haven't gotten over Naomi losing in the 1st round yet. As for me, I initially got triggered seeing the thread, feeling exasperated and thinking "damnit, she lost again!!". Glad to know that it's only Mari :lol:
It's kind of odd how Mari's career has never kicked off

·
Registered
14,637 Posts
Katy Dunne could have opted to represent Ireland, like her brother does in cycling.
Does she have Irish ancestry to her? I know there are many people in England who have some.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts