Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Repeating my post in the AO forum. Watched the Monica-Venus match on ESPN. How many people noticed that Oracene Williams was applauding Monica as she left the court? I call that a class lady. But I think we all knew that anyway.

:)

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
She sure is......she even applauds winners by the opponents too.:cool:

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Did anyone notice her and Alex Stevenson laughing and joking the whole way during the match!!! (maybe she thoght Venus had won!!!!lol j/k)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Tia---I noticed the same thing...and I thought...now that's a nice thing to do...stay, standing and clapping for Monica...and she kept watching her walk off...really respectful thing to do...not everyone would.

·
Registered
17,915 Posts
I just posted this very same thought in the very same words on the Tennis Week message board. :) :) :)

Today we saw two VERY classy competitors, giving it their all in the face of adversity, without whining or moaning or complaining; and a very classy Mom watching on. A very enjoyable sight to witness. :angel: :angel: :angel:

(Were you Watching, Jenny Grump??) ;)

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
Yeah, I noticed it too. A little surprised, but it shows that it's not an entirely devastating thing to lose a tennis match.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
yeah, i think she is a great lady. id love to be related to a class act like her!

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Yep this is Brandy, a class act:) She loves tennis and when she see's a Champion like Seles making a comeback in a grandslam I am sure she's proud. Seles is a classy player and one who really deserves to get another slam under her belt!

I am sure banking on Seles to win this whole shabang:) It would be great for tennis and for Monica Seles:)

I really enjoyed Venus and Seles interviews and how they acted toward one another after the match:)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Dawn Marie!!
Yes, I was glad to see Venus give Monica a big smile when she shook her hand at the net...she knew Monica played well!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
It is so nice for Oracene, I am sure she just like Monica parents like tennis as an entertainment and game. But I have to say Oracene must be one proud parent when she see Venus saving those amazing winners bravely from Monica at 40-40 final game, I thought it was impossible to do so ;). I did not realize how althletic Venus is until then.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
I absolutely agree with this. She is definitely a class act and it is nice to see her girls increasingly taking after her!

I also noticed last night she was sitting with Alex Stevenson and having some fun with her, doing a little "hand dance" and singing by the look of it. I hope Alex can spend more time with Oracene, I think the influence of a well-balanced and non-attention seeking adult would do young Alex a world of good.

·
Registered
663 Posts
HI TIA! Yes...I certainly noticed it as well...it was very nice. Funny, we shouldn't have to even notice it...it should be a given. But still...it was very nice of her.

Congrats to Venus for a well fought match, and kudos to Monica for finding that fire again. She really played the big points well today!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Go Oracene!! You are a lovely lady!!

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
Brandy...you're a fine girl. ;)

<EMBED SRC='http://rock.mididb.com/20020120/Looking_Glass/Brandy_Youre_a_Fine_Girl.mid' VOLUME='90' HEIGHT='60' WIDTH='144' LOOP='infinite' AUTOSTART='true' HIDDEN='true' Pfont size='-2'Music>

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
I like Oracene!!!

I love her reactions during the 2000 USO semi match of Venus and Martina! :)

for Oracene!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Oracene's always been really classy, as have her daughters. Seems Richard's the odd one out in the family :rolleyes: .

Is Brandy Oracene's nickname? Or her middle name? Or what? And if it's her nickname, does anyone know why?

·
Registered
17,915 Posts
FROM JOHN WERTHEIM:

The Most Gracious Tennis Parent award goes to Oracene Williams. When Seles drilled a backhand winner from deep behind the baseline in the third set, Ma Williams smiled, clapped and cried, "Oh, my!" to other occupants of the players' box. After the match she sought out Seles outside the locker room to congratulate her.

Oh wow! I already loved Brandi, and we keep finding out more and more about how great she really is!:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts