Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What she said about the fans being "ignorant" and not knowing the "class and etiquete" of tennis.........she needs to turn around and teach her daughters some of that first.

Reactions: Pdm1987 and Elisse

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Oh really?? Please explain.

Venus, not respectful, no class, no proper etiquette?? Tell me how, I'm soo interested in hearing this. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Venus has always been respectful, I think.

Serena, though, often dismisses people - like she did at the end of the match today. I agree with Oracene that the French fans were too hard on Serena (who, by the way, was correct in every line call she argued)...still, Serena would have shown more class by being respectful of Justine instead of sinking to her level.

·
Registered
468 Posts
the belgians are the ones with class.......and by the way the fans paid for their tickets so they can boo and snear whoever the hell they want......jeez.........get over the fact that serena and venus dont always win......wah wah omg serena lost.......lets have a fit!....please! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Pdm1987 and Elisse

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok I usually don't post but here go's.

I really feel the need to talk about
"by the way the fans paid for their tickets so they can boo and snear whoever the hell they want"
that comment. So that means I can go to any movie theatre and pay for my ticket and scream my head off at some poor person just because?

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Docevil said:
Ok I usually don't post but here go's.

I really feel the need to talk about
"by the way the fans paid for their tickets so they can boo and snear whoever the hell they want"
that comment. So that means I can go to any movie theatre and pay for my ticket and scream my head off at some poor person just because?
i was bout going to ask the same

·
Registered
11 Posts
oh andy_lover 16 shut up! just because your favourite player has retired and she wudn't have a f***in chance against serena or to be honest any of the top 10 any more. get over it.
:)

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
His point is stupid.the crowd should not have been booing or cheering after serena missed a serve it was disrispectful!

Reactions: selesfan

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Its really ausing because if it was reversed and Justine was booed, we would be reading how rude and ignorant the fans were. Most of Justine fans are convert Hingis fans who always complained about how the French treated their poor Marty. I think Williams fans hve the right to express this same emotion.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Monica_Rules said:
His point is stupid.the crowd should not have been booing or cheering after serena missed a serve it was disrispectful!

OK, then let's call a apade a spade... If it is rude for fans to chear Serena's mistakes, it is just as, if not more rude for SERENA to yell come on and cheer when her opponents make a mistake. Let's not be hipocrits folks... It is one thing to yell come on when you hit a winner, but it is just plain rude when you scream it when your opponent makes a mistake!!! Serena got back today everything she puts out all the time. SUCKS doesn't it!!

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Cappy4ever, players yell all the time when others make a mistake. This almost always happens in high pressure situations. You will have a hard time finding Serena cheering her opponents mistakes when she is up 6-3 5-2!

Besides, when that happens, she is not so much as cheering on the mistakes as she is pumping herself up. Every point counts in tennis and every point won is a step closer to achieving your goals. She is just cheering on her dreams...

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
596 Posts
BigB08822 said:
I think Serena's interview and her on court behaviors prove that she has tennis etiquette.
I'm not going to say that serena has no etiquette (i'm nog going to say she do has either => to dangerous in this place) but what does this article say about her etiquette??? :confused:

It just shows that a hostile crowd does touch her, that's all

·
Registered
151 Posts
Oracene was spot on. Good for her.

Reactions: *JR*

·
psychotic banana
3,022 Posts
I didn't see or hear her interview (Oracene) so I'm not gonna comment.

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
Oracene is nice. she cheered juju and may be just upset as a mother would be. lay off of her and lay off of juju. hell, even lay off of serena, k!

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
jenglisbe said:
Venus has always been respectful, I think.

Serena, though, often dismisses people - like she did at the end of the match today. I agree with Oracene that the French fans were too hard on Serena (who, by the way, was correct in every line call she argued)...still, Serena would have shown more class by being respectful of Justine instead of sinking to her level.
Very well said. Oracene just called it as she saw it - and she certainly does know about class. Of course she's not entirely objective either, they made her baby cry for goodness sake, what good mother would be objective?

·
Premium Member
20,681 Posts
GABBY SHUT UP!!! Those girls have alot of respect 90% of the time Well venus does 100% serena goes off sometimes!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Part of the challenge in tennis is dealing with crowds...A great player doesn't let the crowd get to them. I'm not saying that what French crowd (notorious for booing players they don't like) did was right, but players must rise above it, and put it out of their mind for the time being.

·
Premium Member
20,681 Posts
JasonW said:
Part of the challenge in tennis is dealing with crowds...A great player doesn't let the crowd get to them. I'm not saying that what French crowd (notorious for booing players they don't like) did was right, but players must rise above it, and put it out of their mind for the time being.
I believe that is really impossible ven if you win the match.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts