Tennis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in the states there is a show called Oprah After the Show...where she just speaks candidly to the audience about topics, or anything they want to discuss and chat about.

A woman in the Audience asked if Oprah heard about Venus and Serena's sister Yetunde being shot. She spoke saying.....(and Not quoting, verbatum) "Yeah I heard and read reports yesterday....(she repeats it to the audience, that Venus' sister was shot...and most thought it was Serena, so she Clarified...Venus and Serena's 31 year old sister Yetunde Price.........and a Gasp came across the entire audience) All 4 of the sisters and the mother sat right there were you all are sitting..., a beautiful group of sisters, women...it's pretty shocking. I will be sending the family my own personal condolences."

That is sweet of Oprah. Knowing here she'll probably go to the funeral.

Love her....
God Bless the family!!

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Glad to hear that Oprah remains a class act. What a complete inspiration! :worship:

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I never got the impression that Oprah was that close to the Williams family. They were her guests. She sucks up to a lot of them and gives us the impression she's very buddy-buddy with them all. By sending the family her "personal condolences," I take that to mean she will send them a message of support. Unlikely she would attend the funeral if it interfered with her filming commitments. But it was very nice of her to mention the tragedy and wish the family well.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
Fantastic said:
I never got the impression that Oprah was that close to the Williams family. They were her guests. She sucks up to a lot of them and gives us the impression she's very buddy-buddy with them all. By sending the family her "personal condolences," I take that to mean she will send them a message of support. Unlikely she would attend the funeral if it interfered with her filming commitments. But it was very nice of her to mention the tragedy and wish the family well.
There is a difference in how public figures relate to each other in public and in private. Their relationship on T.V is 'conducted' in an artificial environment. I am sure there are plenty of public figures who will send their condolences but they don't have to tell the whole world they did it.The family too probably will appreciate that more.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Fantastic said:
I think that is a bit harsh. Of course, Oprah is going to "suck up" to her guests on the her show, but she is not required to do more than send a personal message of condolence to the family anyway.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Fantastic said:
...and your point is?

·
Registered
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well this just goes to show that, People like to Rain Hurt and Venom no matter where.

Oprah has discuss in great detail how much she loves the sisters and how many times she's tried to get them on the show......and even said how they were an inspiration to her. She didn't and dont have to SUCK UP to anyone.

People in the STATES in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA adore her...and Oprah having personal relationships outside of television isn't far fetched. So she may send her personal condolenses. Or she may deliver them in person....only she knows. She stated sending. So Fantastic, they may do things just a bit differently in Australia.

BTW.........Star Jones on the view mentioned the tragedy on the Show and wanted to wish the family well as well with the entire staff. (Publicly)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.