Tennis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I write to get some advice on the topic of finding appropriate tennis opponents for casual matches. I find it hard to describe how advanced player I am when I try to announce on some forums/fb groups that I look for somebody to play with. I usually end up writing something in the note of "intermediate" which tells you almost nothing - I think 99% of people write the same but then when I encounter them it's usually either too easy or way too hard (probably more often the latter). I know there exists this NRTP but I have never met anyone in my city using this to describe their level. So this brings me to my question, do you maybe know any way different than just joining million of FB groups and blindly picking another intermediate player? Maybe there is some app that people use to track their win/loss rate? Whatever? Any advice welcome :)

·
Registered
15,827 Posts
most ppl i find use NTRP rating to describe their level, but it's self-determined so u'll still get some weird matchups. i think it's more accurate than saying "intermediate" tho, that is way too ambiguous. UTR is meant to address this but it has a little bit higher barrier since u need to play actual UTR tournaments to develop that rating.

i would say don't be terribly insecure about it, it's good to play with people that are better than you for obvious reasons, and it's also good to play w/ ppl that are worse than u - at that lower level it's still quite easy to lose to a really consistent opponent that hacks at the ball but has no technique. just keep playing w/ ppl and i'm sure you'll eventually find someone who is compatible with your game. also maybe take some group lessons or even private, the coach probably has other students that has a good compatibility with you.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Hey everyone, I write to get some advice on the topic of finding appropriate tennis opponents for casual matches. I find it hard to describe how advanced player I am when I try to announce on some forums/fb groups that I look for somebody to play with. I usually end up writing something in the note of "intermediate" which tells you almost nothing - I think 99% of people write the same but then when I encounter them it's usually either too easy or way too hard (probably more often the latter). I know there exists this NRTP but I have never met anyone in my city using this to describe their level. So this brings me to my question, do you maybe know any way different than just joining million of FB groups and blindly picking another intermediate player? Maybe there is some app that people use to track their win/loss rate? Whatever? Any advice welcome :)
Amateur Players and Tennis Equipment Forum

1 - 3 of 3 Posts