·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Masha & Elena :hearts:

·
Registered
115,278 Posts
This looks comfortable

Russian tennis stars Maria Sharapova, left, and Elena Dementieva are seen under umbrellas during the opening ceremony of the WTA Istanbul Cup Tennis Tournament at the Ottoman era Topkapi Palace in Istanbul, Turkey, Monday, May 21, 2007.

·
Registered
115,278 Posts

In this photo taken and distributed by Istanbul Cup Tennis Tournament, tennis stars Elena Dementieva of Russia, left, Venus Williams of the U.S. and Maria Sharapova of Russia, right, pose in traditional Ottoman outfits at the Harem

Elena Dementieva of Russia wears a traditional Ottoman outfit during the presentation of the WTA Istanbul Cup tennis tournament at the Ottoman era Top …

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
OMG goldenlox :spit: :rolls:

·
Registered
12,384 Posts

In this photo taken and distributed by Istanbul Cup Tennis Tournament, tennis stars Elena Dementieva of Russia, left, Venus Williams of the U.S. and Maria Sharapova of Russia, right, pose in traditional Ottoman outfits at the Harem

Elena Dementieva of Russia wears a traditional Ottoman outfit during the presentation of the WTA Istanbul Cup tennis tournament at the Ottoman era Top …
thanks for the pics. The first one is awesome. I would make it my avatar but i don't want a tinnny avatar.

·
Registered
15,098 Posts
Lol.. Venus is wearing sports shoes...

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Lol.. Venus is wearing sports shoes...
And sports clothes too obviously.

Maria's shoes look hideous from my vantage point, but I bet that only reflect how expensive they are...lol.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I love it!! Good to see Vee Smiling! watch out for the french open comeback-... warning signs-- almost beat both kuzzy and jelena- and has won her last 7 meetings with justine... warning signs... =) ( and she seems extra.. extra committed right now)

·
Art & Futures
20,890 Posts
lol @ vee

·
Banned
606 Posts
venus, i guess she was ready to go hit some balls.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Yeah, I noticed Vee's attire too. I'm glad to see her ready to go practice. She seems more motivated this year. Kinda reminds me of 2005. She was coming close to beating the top players. She played a tight match against Molik (at that time a top player) in Oz, should've won Antwerp being up a break in both the second and third sets of the final against Amelie and serving for the match at 5-4 in the second, lost a well played match against Pova in the semis of Miami, and could've beaten Lindsay easily in Amelia having break points in a couple of games in the second to get ahead having already won the first set 6-1 and serving beautifully. She won Istanbul playing good tennis and then fell apart after the first round in RG. Had a perfect draw to get to the finals and blew it. After that loss in Paris, we all know what happened next.

This year, there have been a similar pattern to her results. Wins Memphis out of the blocks destroying Peer in the finals 6-1 6-1. Then loses a tough, poorly played match against Maria where she was up a break a couple of times in the third and really shot herself in the foot with errors and double faults. In Charelston, she was so close to beating Jankovic in the semis. Up a break a bunch of times in the second and then two points away a couple of times deep in the third. Plays Warsaw, beats Elena in straights and then pulls another Miami and loses being up a break in the third to Kuzy. She is going to play Istanbul again and we'll see what happens. Hopefully she's learned from her mistakes and plays this RG with more confidence, despite being a lower seed. Venus can win any tournament she plays, but it is all about confidence now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts