Tennis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
God there are so many mismatches throughout the draw its untrue. I have not seen one match yet which I can say I though was great. Harkleroads match on Monday was good, but nothing astoshining, I went to bed halfway through Sharapovas exhibition last night. The list goes on.

There have been close matches, like Loit Stevenson, but unless you like either of those players, it wasnt good, as the tennis was poor (except in the last 3 games).

Even mens tennis is just being reduced to whitewashes.

All the good matches seem to be on non-televised courts.

Hopefully Vakulenko/Hantuchova and Harkleroad/Zvonereva will spruse things up tonight.

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
dava_russianrule said:
God there are so many mismatches throughout the draw its untrue. I have not seen one match yet which I can say I though was great. Harkleroads match on Monday was good, but nothing astoshining, I went to bed halfway through Sharapovas exhibition last night. The list goes on.

There have been close matches, like Loit Stevenson, but unless you like either of those players, it wasnt good, as the tennis was poor (except in the last 3 games).

Even mens tennis is just being reduced to whitewashes.

All the good matches seem to be on non-televised courts.

Hopefully Vakulenko/Hantuchova and Harkleroad/Zvonereva will spruse things up tonight.
I said this before and I totally agree. :worship:

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
48,281 Posts
I'm living it up! We've got new upstarts... veterans trying to win one (last?) major, and no real supreme favorite.

A fitting tribute to Pete Sampras... a forthcoming tribute to Michael Chang. Even if you don't like them - it's a nice tribute that I personally feel every player should be recognized for their longevity to the game and support of the sport.

Plus, Janko Tipsarevic made his maindraw Slam debut (but lost :( ). There's LOADS to love.

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Beat said:
yeah, but in your case the title of this thread is not accurate. :p
That's your opinion, of which I could give a flying fuck. I said in another thread that there weren't too many exciting matchups until the semifinals besides Clijsters/Momo and Cappy/Masha potential matchups.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Some of these matchups have turned out to be pretty disappointing. Julia V. hasn't bothered to show up to her showcourt match against Hantuchova. She can't put a ball in the court. The Henin-Kapros match was kind of grisly interesting.
Hopefully Vera Z./Ashley will be a great match.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.