Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ... i guess with every tournament that she plays in ... we can create a new thread and cheer her on.

The draw comes out tomorrow ... let's pray for a great draw ... even though I think no one can challenge her in this tournament. ;)

·
Premium Member
21,310 Posts
I agree Scott!

Sandrine has a qualifier first, and then either Elena L or another qualifier (Elena is in terrible form at the mo, so Im going with the qualifier to upset her).

Her most likely QF opponet will be either 4th seed Jelena or Patty Schnyder. Yep, if she plays her cards right Sandrine can definately make it! Jelena's form is sketchy, but Im not going to count her out of course.

Imnot going to look beyond Jelena :angel: (but if I did either Monica or Justine await ;)...and then Venus ;)....and then the trophy ;))

:bounce:

·
Registered
16,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm ... the qualifiers are quite good ... let's pray that she gets the easiest one of all ;) not that it matters

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
Paris, France (February 4, 2002)- No.6 seed and World No. 12, Sandrine Testud of France withdrew from L'Open Gaz de France held this week in Paris, due to severe pain and inflammation in her neck.

"I'm very disappointed to miss this 10th edition of the Open Gaz de France," said Testud. "I first experienced the pain when I arrived in Australia, but with physiotherapy I felt much better. At the end of the Tokyo tournament, the pain returned and right now it is quite severe, I can't even turn my head. I've just seen my osteopath in Lyon who told me I need to rest.

"I'm sorry for the tournament and for my sponsor, Gaz de France. With intense physio treatment, I hope I'll feel much better by the end of the week."

This would have been Testud's seventh appearance at the Open Gaz de France. She reached the quarterfinals in Sydney and in Tokyo last week

·
Momomental
8,576 Posts
So sorry she's injured. Hope she's well soon!

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

What a disappointment! I was so looking for this tournament. And Sandrine had a pretty favorable draw too. :(

Get better Sweetie and take all the rest you need. We don't want you getting injured again.

Ah Crud! :mad:

·
Momomental
8,576 Posts
You name it I'll be there! ;)

·
Premium Member
21,310 Posts
Oh no! :sad: She had a favorable draw too...I hope its not too serious.

I hope to see her fully fit in the Middle East.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts