SURFACE CLAY

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Gambill/Lapentti

·
Team WTAworld, TOP President
9,327 Posts
anybody want to partner with Lindsay Sarile? :)

·
9,327 Posts
okay! Lindsay and Riana! Would you like to submit doubles pts?

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
MONICA MOVES TO MADRID

Monica Gambill arrived in Madrid today,may 19th in preperation for the Madrid open.Gambill is coming off back to back title wins and is enjoying the best part of her career so far.
'I'm just feeling so happy on court now and full of confidence.Winning Warsaw was great but winning Rome was even better.Its been a tournament i've dreamed of winning since starting to play tennis'
She arrives in Madrid with fond memories she was the runner-up here last year to Annabel Conde-Martinez but managed her biggest upset at that points beating Regla Torres who was on a fantastic run.
'Last year was great here the crowds were great and i had some great wins here.Beating Regla here was a big boost for me and now i'm 3-0 against her. But now shes retired which is a shame'
This years field is very strong with a lot of this tears best clay courters here Gambill,Conde-Martinez,Diva-Jahfson and Prado
'Its gonna be tough if i manage to win my first match i'll play Gonzalez or Prado who are both amazing clay courters so this will be tough'

·
9,327 Posts

Filipina Lindsay Sarile is seen with her coach and a tournament official during the FWTT Open de Espana Madrid Tournament. Sarile is the top seed. Preparations on red clay for the 17 year-old from the Philippines has not looked well as she has played only one other tournament, in Rome, before this tournament, where she was upset in the first round by talented qualifier, Nicolette Lapentti. Sarile gives her views on several matters in her career right now.

"I really can't believe about my seeding seeing as how I haven't played much on this surface this year. I think this is the first time I have been a top seed, anywhere!"

"I think my chances aren't good at all. After all that has happened to me in the last few weeks and the fact that all of the players in this draw has pretty well-adapted their games to red clay, things look pretty grim for me."

"I think Monica (Gambill) has the best chance of all the players in the draw. Not that I'm discounting anyone else here but Moni has been playing fantastic dirtball lately and I really think she will ride it through to Roland Garros."

"I refuse to comment about the current situation with Jane (Wong) right now. A press conference will answer that matter."

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
Alx has been spending too much time with Petosp, now he has become like the FWTA´s Petosp in FWTT :rolleyes:

PS. Miss you :sad: get online or PM or something!

·
Registered
14,429 Posts
lol petosp, you are damn right :p

I hope nothing happened to Alx :)

·
Moderator - Challengers &, Chicas Latinas
17,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The difference between you and me is that I dont post results because Im really busy and not "rascandome la panza" :p

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
So whats up Alek where have you been?

·
63,504 Posts
No, Alejandro do study in his upcoming exams but it should be finished today :confused:

Please post Roland Garros draw as I'll leave tomorrow for five days!! :fiery:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts