Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
It's odd that we were told to get vaccinated and when we have 90%, we just "live with the virus". And now we have done that and nothing is changing, the country is retreating. Just let him in to play. Seriously, the virus is everywhere, even I have had it and I prefer to stay in than go out. Is Novak being unvaccinated (or any unvaccinated person) really going to spread COVID any more than it already is? If you're sick, stay home. It's not that hard. If you're at risk, then remove yourself from situations which you cannot socially distance.

So many people I know had to leave home to get groceries or prescriptions from chemists while being positive in their isolation period because it was more convenient for them. Everyone will get COVID, the government needs to be proactive and not waste their time exercising ministerial power late on a Friday afternoon, get people back to work to improve the supply chain. It's cowardice and shows the government, that is in charge of enforcing these laws, have no idea how to administer them, because they are constantly getting overruled on procedural grounds. Everyone is saying Novak is trying to game the system, but the inept government have no idea how to administer laws they are tasked with enforcing.

Go to a shopping centre, there is hardly anyone there. People aren't going back to offices. Panic buying has started again. Capacity restrictions have started at major events again. Really? This isn't "living with the virus". It's creating fear in the community, and doing a weekly press conference to say you're taking action.

Victoria wants to phase out PCR testing. And you're shit out of luck to get a rapid test here. I've endured all the lockdowns in Victoria, but now it's just unnecessarily confusing, difficult and contradictory. But it's an election year. So f**** me I guess.

I have AO tickets for next Saturday, I absolutely wouldn't give a shit to sit next to an unvaccinated person. I'm vaxinated, and I can mind my own business. Why can't the Federal Government of Australia. It's so strage this is the sword they're willing to die for.

And in the end, it will be Craig Tilley that will be made a villain and asked to resign. The one person who is just trying to do his job and stage a great tournament for the benefit of our country on the global stage. He constantly will be bending over backwards for everyone. Like he always does, and it creates such a massive economic benefit to Australia. And Tennis Australia will get rid of him for optics. Sad.

This is literally the attitude that the whole world needs to have. Bravo to you sir.

And cheers to Craig Tiley... thanks for all the tireless work on behalf of our great sport of tennis.

·
Registered
14,471 Posts
Countries have rules, and those rules are expected to be followed. If Djokovic actually had a legit reason for a medical exemption, nobody would be claiming that he's having the vaccine forced upon him.
He didn't breach those rules though. Alex didn't even mention them.

Tell that to all the healthcare workers that were forced to triple mask and wear a space-suit in order to do their job the past 2 years. People in the world have been forced a lot more than Novaxx.
That's normal hospital procedure in case of a contagion.

·
Registered
118,223 Posts
I thought Djokovic wanted fans to like him. Not getting jabbed and trying to get exemptions will have him be the most hated player on tour
Its like I said when Osaka did the no interviews bit before Paris, you dont want all that extra attention. Its hard enough without putting extra scrutiny on everything you do
Most players know that, they arent looking to be diced up by the media and social media before a tournament

·
Registered
12,268 Posts
I don't respect his choice not to get vaccinated in the first place, so I certainly don't agree with anything else she has said. This comment is not even a baguette, Ons, it's a bagel from me.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
That's normal hospital procedure in case of a contagion.
Disagree on this scale or duration. But I assume it is also normal to be forced to say goodbye to a dying family member through a computer screen or not at all and not have funerals when there's a contagion too? The only thing not normal during a contagion is Novak Djokovic not being able to play tennis somewhere.

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
That is the biggest crock I've heard. This has been repeatedly disproven by actual people with medical degrees called doctors. Plenty of children have been affected and have actually died. Healthy children. Healthy middle-aged people in great shape and NO underlying conditions have died. And the ones that haven't died, are stuck with long-haul effects. Marathon runners are now out of breath simply walking across a room.
This chick also claims the vaccine was created in 6 months, with very little testing…. So, you know who you’re dealing with.

·
Registered
746 Posts
If Novak was awarded a medical exemption before he traveled to Australia, and if he was told by the AO officials that there would be no problems, then I think the tournament is partially on the hook for giving him false information. But if they never gave him any assurances that he could enter the country trouble-free then it's on him.

Everyone has to play by the same set of rules. Even if you don't want to inject the vaccine into your body, you have to respect the policies that were set and not compete. But since the AO gave him a medical exemption I think they have to honor it, it's more of a country of Australia issue now.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I actually respect his choice to be unvaccinated. His body, his life. Then again the country he is going to has the majority of vaccinated people and players.

But this wouldnt all happen if he would stfu and be EXPOSED for bragging that he has an "exemption" into the country. The comment got to his millions of followers and eventually to the public. Talk about being full of himself.

To drag things down further, his family, social media dragged him down further giving the media, haters and politicians an opportunity to drag him down further.

This all could be prevented if he didnt say anything on instagram or just get vaccinated.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
We've opened up and have you been to the supermarket? Noticed any difference in supply chain?
Yes because we are required to stay home for 7 days. I didn’t have symptoms for 5 of the 7 days of my isolation, but still stayed home.

Now people are crying they can’t get chicken at Coles. Well why isn’t the government being proactive about this and not wasting time detaining tennis players. This “living with the virus” is rubbish and not what we were promised.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes because we are required to stay home for 7 days. I didn’t have symptoms for 5 of the 7 days of my isolation, but still stayed home.

Now people are crying they can’t get chicken at Coles. Well why isn’t the government being proactive about this and not wasting time detaining tennis players. This “living with the virus” is rubbish and not what we were promised.
Sorry, but have you been living under a rock? The government is addressing the supply chain issues. The rules surrounding close contacts and isolation requirements change literally every day so that more people can get back to work and fix the cluster fuck that is supply issues in Australia. I loathe this current government, but rightly or wrongly, they are trying to fix the issue.

Is the Novak situation a smoke screen for their incompetence? Absolutely. But at the end of the day, this is about lying on your entry form, not whether you’re vaccinated or unvaccinated. I support Novak’s choice to be vaccinated or not, but freedom of choice isn’t freedom from consequence.

·
Registered
14,471 Posts
Disagree on this scale or duration. But I assume it is also normal to be forced to say goodbye to a dying family member through a computer screen or not at all and not have funerals when there's a contagion too? The only thing not normal during a contagion is Novak Djokovic not being able to play tennis somewhere.
Are you saying that wearing PPE is the same as watching a loved one die through a screen? Or how are they comparable?
He did play though.

·
Registered
520 Posts
i was driving my car when i approached a red light. pedestrians were crossing the road, but i saw an opportunity to get to my destination faster so i just ran them over and carried on with my journey. you can’t blame me for that.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Just curious if you're you still daydreaming about the ATP withdrawing their players after Djokovic gets deported?

Hopefully Novak plays the AO and we won't have to find out.

LMAO, they're trying to deport him for being a menace to state security... the Australian government doesn't even have a real argument, they admitted that Novak followed all the laws when he entered the country. They're literally going before the judge with the justification "because we want to".

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Are you saying that wearing PPE is the same as watching a loved one die through a screen? Or how are they comparable?
He did play though.
How are they BOTH any less than this difficult "rock and hard place" choice Djokovic has had to make. Because you've got blinders on for him.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Can we have a list of WTA players backing up Djokovic? So far i have : Venus and Jabeur.....
Sabalenka, Badosa, Mladenovic, Raducanu, and few retired ones. You plan to buy voodoo dolls or?

Tell that to all the healthcare workers that were forced to triple mask and wear a space-suit in order to do their job the past 2 years. People in the world have been forced a lot more than Novaxx.
Photograph Facial expression Mouth Organ Human

Mhm

Font Screenshot Software Technology Electronic device

Eyebrow Eyelash Smile News Violet

Anyway, this saga needs to end asap. It's not doing absolutely anyone good, save for few sadists I guess.

41 - 60 of 200 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.