Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.. We will have a new world no. 1 ranked player!

4825 Capriati
4481 VENUS

At the rate VENUS is going, she should be no. 1 in about 2 weeks.
Just another barrier that some said that she would NEVER achieve.
Now, to get SERENA in that no. 2 spot. :p

(sing to the tune of "100 more bottles of beer)

"344 more points to go; 344 points;
The WTA sets em' up; VENUS knocks em' down;
344 points to go"

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Good Luck to her i think she certainly deserves to get to number 1!It would be quite strange actually when she gets to number one cos she'd be the the 4th difo number one in 4 months!:eek:

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
She'll Deserve It

Venus has always known she would get to number one - one day. And she will always be able to say - she did it her way. The Williamses have good business managers and they count very well. They sure know how to count the loot they could/should/would/did - earn on the tour - haven't they? The Williams' camp have been racking up - since the Sisters came out.

"WAY TO GO - VENUS" "YOU WILL DESERVE THE #1 RANKING WHEN YOU ACHIEVE IT" "'CAUSE YOU CONCEIVED - BELIEVED AND ACHIEVED" "IT CERTAINLY WON'T BE AS LONG AS IT HAS BEEN - GIRLIE-GIRL"

·
Veelieve!!!
32,570 Posts
One tournament at a time my man (evil grin) I'm trying not to think about it until it happens... I am not too crazy about the #2 ranking... I just can't get over RG 2001 :p

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
No! BAD THREAD! it'll jinx her! Every time people post something predicting Venus will get to #1 she doesn't... maybe if we post 'Capriati will be #1 forever' then V will get there quicker. :p ;)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
No sartrista7.... no!! :eek: ;)

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Williams_Rulez, we should just keep very very quiet about everything... not mention the #1 ranking until V actually gets there. Too much of this and she'll be the year-end #3 again :rolleyes: , I don't think I can take 2000 and 2001 again.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Neither can I...

Hush everyone now... hush

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sartrista7 - Is that the very BEST avatar that you could find?
answer to your question, I am not superstitious, believe in ghost or uncontrolled luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts