Tennis Forum banner

321 - 340 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
Valeria Savinykh?

Made the 3rd round of the AO after qualifying in 2013 and since has done absolutely nothing. In fact, she will fall to outside the top 600 after the AO this year if she doesn't win a round in qualifying :rolls:
Ouch :eek: And I thought Paszek's post-Wimbledon fall was bad...

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Emmanuelle Gagliardi - SF Indian Wells 2002, even won the first set against Hantuchova. Couple months later she reached high rank of 42, other than that though a 4R at the French a couple years later and maybe 4 or 5 SFs in Tier IV events.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Coco Vandeweghe Stanford 2012?!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Urszula Radwanska was actually in final of some pre-Wimbly grass MM in 2012 (sic!) :tape::tape:

Luckilly it was Nadia Petrova who saved the dignity of that tournament and WTA Tour itself...Didnt made a WTA final, neither did pass 2R at GS since...:)

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
Vasilisa Bardina - Auckland finalist 2007, lost to Anna Chakvetadze. She then lost 6-0 6-0 to Clijsters at the AO the next week and did little for the rest of the year. Since then she made a few attempts at a comeback in the US ITFs but hasn't played since July 2012 now.
i playred her in mixed doubles 2 years..if that counts for anything lol she's still absurdly amazing

·
Registered
114,290 Posts
i playred her in mixed doubles 2 years..if that counts for anything lol she's still absurdly amazing
Mixed doubles? Where was that? I know she played some US events like Vegas & Phoenix

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
A name that usually comes up in other contexts: Julia Cohen, Baku finalist last year.
She's only 24 but I very much doubt she will have a similar run on a WTA tour event, where she rarely plays (as opposed to 40 ITFs a year).

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Makarova winning Eastbourne? Although she is a solid top-50 player now, she hasn't reached any other finals if I'm correct.

EDIT: Not really true, also 2 finals in 2009. Not really a one tournament wonder then.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Makarova winning Eastbourne? Although she is a solid top-50 player now, she hasn't reached any other finals if I'm correct.

EDIT: Not really true, also 2 finals in 2009. Not really a one tournament wonder then.
I think it'd be pretty harsh to call her a one tournament wonder anyway, she's also been in three slam Quarterfinals and lots of regular tour Semis and Quarters! :p

·
Banned
5,248 Posts

:spit: She was in top-20 and has a few GS QF's

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
The way Jo-La always shows up in Bastad is kind of amazing, even if it is her home tournament and it's usually not a super strong field.

It's not like she doesn't bomb out of plenty of other smaller tournaments.

She still rocks, though.

·
Registered
13,408 Posts
Karolina Pliskova in Kuala Lumpur?

She hasn't done much else other than that for the whole year not to mention career (I think she has only reached two other WTA QFs other than Kuala Lumpur). Of course, she is still young so still lots of time to change that.

321 - 340 of 406 Posts