Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do u think Justine's is the best their has ever been or do u think it is just the prettiest looking. I find Momo and Steffi Graf are/were just as effective as Justine on the back hand.

·
Registered
24,240 Posts
i don't remember steffi's backhand being too much of a weapon when she ran all the way into the alley to hit a forehand :rolleyes:
i mean it was good for a slice, but she couldn't attack with it like justine can.
if you consider "effective" to mean "prolonging the rally to set me up for my better shot" then steffi's was, but that's not me. steffi's could stay low and stuff, but justine's is way more bombastic.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
faboozadoo15 said:
i don't remember steffi's backhand being too much of a weapon when she ran all the way into the alley to hit a forehand :rolleyes:
i mean it was good for a slice, but she couldn't attack with it like justine can.
if you consider "effective" to mean "prolonging the rally to set me up for my better shot" then steffi's was, but that's not me. steffi's could stay low and stuff, but justine's is way more bombastic.

I think that back hand slice was a real weapon for steffi, especially at wimbledon. it was never pretty but worked well for.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I would say Justine's is the most beautiful backhand there is in the game, but Momo is just as nice and as effective.

·
Registered
24,240 Posts
jaygee said:
I think that back hand slice was a real weapon for steffi, especially at wimbledon. it was never pretty but worked well for.
on grass it stayed low. anyone's slice stays low on grass, and how many people who use a slice miss it much? it was just above average for a slice, but it's not anywhere near the best backhands of all time and i think justine and momo have way better one handers.

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
It's neither the best nor the prettiest but I do like the way she can generate those winners off her back foot and sometimes with very little backswing.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
555 Posts
Momo's backhand slice....

I think a backhand slice doesn't have to be beautiful or smooth. As long as the player scores the winner or if it helps, so be it. Justine & Momo has a wonderful backhand...It rarely is...,'defective' I should say? It's helped both of them in the past and it'll continue to help them in the future....Steffi does not possess a beautiful backhand but it did score winners....

·
Banned
232 Posts
Ioudaious said:
I think a backhand slice doesn't have to be beautiful or smooth. As long as the player scores the winner or if it helps, so be it. Justine & Momo has a wonderful backhand...It rarely is...,'defective' I should say? It's helped both of them in the past and it'll continue to help them in the future....Steffi does not possess a beautiful backhand but it did score winners....

I always think Steffi's backhand was very beautiful :hearts:

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Yes. It's the best one-hander that the WTA has ever seen.

:wavey:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts