Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The opening ceremony goes to crap? Where's Diana Ross? Where's Queen Latifa? We get some poor old broadway musical with a whinny voice and rejects from flash dance gyrating on a big red circle? UGH.

·
Banned
14,953 Posts
:haha:

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why couldn't petey boy just retire and disappear like his off court life? i mean he was never a media whore so why does he need this big send off? Give him a freaking gold rolex and pat his ass out the door already with that no talent wife of his who has the personality of stale toast. I hope for his poor kids sake that personality skips a generation.

·
Banned
177 Posts
Cybelle Darkholme said:
Why couldn't petey boy just retire and disappear like his off court life? i mean he was never a media whore so why does he need this big send off? Give him a freaking gold rolex and pat his ass out the door already with that no talent wife of his who has the personality of stale toast. I hope for his poor kids sake that personality skips a generation.
:haha: :haha:

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GoDominique said:
Why an opening ceremony anyway ?
True, but a song like the national anthem is good but why sing some broadway tune that nobody knows? i dont get it. does usa own the show on broadway? next are we going to get cameos by usa network stars like that old 80s molly ringwald guy whats his name? Gimme a break!

Sing the freaking national anthem, but the dancing, and play the goddang tennis already.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
It truly was a bad performance, very bad.

·
Registered
115 Posts
give sampras a break. he has achieved a great deal in his career.

and besides, not everybody thinks diana ross and queen latifah are "great". :rolleyes:

seriously, i wish the williams are here to play too to make this grand slam a contest of the best of the best. but they're not here. live with it and stop slagging it for everything and anything trivial. if you cant stand watching a gs tournament without your faves, there are other things to do. ride a bicycle or something.

·
Banned
27,238 Posts
treufreund said:
what are you so contemptuous of Sampras, a true champion and the greatest player ever arguably. is it because he has done more than venus and serena combined???
yea everyone who dislikes Pete is because he's won more slams than our faves :tape:

i respect Pete as a champion, but ive never liked the guy.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Who the heck said anything about his career? Why is it that when anyone disses pete all his defenders have to say is " but hes a great champion." whatever. We all know that. His record speaks for itself which is good because he comes across as personable as a wet used napkin.

I dont like pete. In fact he grates my nerves. He never comes across as sincere imo. He rots. But great game, happy now? :rolleyes:

Anyway this is about how the entertainment took a nosedive. Just because my favorites aren't playing some of you act like I can't criticize the tournament? Please I am will commence to point out tacky when I see tacky and that dance number was true debbie allen tacky in the extreme.

also the choir who backed that little girl from the bronx sucked. I only hope that amber can give kim a thrilling match and even better win it!

GO USA!!!

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
Pete is disliked because of some of the reasons below :

1) He doesn't have a BIG MOUTH rather he lets his racquet do the talking

2) He doesn't think himself to be god's greatest gift to the game of tennis

3) He doesn't have an arrogant father who suffers from "foot-in-mouth" disease

Yeah he doesn't have a real "personality" :rolleyes:

Pete :worship:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.